Senior Billing Associate
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Billing Associate Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Req No. 2020-6348
Category Business/Client Support
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Senior Billing Associate to assist with financial records and confidential reports within the billing department. The incumbent maintains client account reconciliations and calculates and enters billing item entries. This position reconciles, analyzes, and rolls forward invoice disputes and account balances. In addition, the Senior Billing Associate prepares, analyzes, and processes client billing line items, maintains accounts receivable, and reviews the data produced by Billing Associates to ensure billing records are accurate.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Maintains accuracy of client billing by updating SQL database used to generate billing load by maintaining customer records with client specific identifiers.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes and processes via SQL database over 90+ billing source files from internal and external sources used to generate billing line items related to the switch and support activity.
- Assists in managing billing data, identifiers, source setup, etc. in Billing DB to ensure accuracy of data.
- Reviews and validates final reconciliations are completed and accurate for all billing source files.
- Reviews client invoices and reviews trends to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and consistency.
- Performs monthly account analysis and reconciliations for various clients.
- Completes daily or monthly review and research of exception items.
- Assists management in examining work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Assists in reviewing and standardizing procedures to improve efficiency of the department.
- Provides resolution to high volume customer inquiries in a timely manner while demonstrating excellence in customer service.
- Assists in month end closing as required.
- Utilizes understanding of contracted services related to client contracts and amendments to assist with identifying special pricing and product support fees as necessary.
- Evaluates and understands different types of products, support services, and transaction types to become proficient and effective in the billing process.
- Participates in special projects as designated by management.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Completion of high school, or equivalent.
- 1-2 years Accounting or related work experience.
- Associates degree in Business preferred with emphasis on Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Financial institution or EFT/Shared Branching background preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and Access databases are desirable.
- Monarch experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Softrax and/or Great Plains is desirable.
- Strong understanding of contract and incentive terms and provisions outlined in various client documentation (e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, price quotes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, Vlook-ups, etc.) and Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Understanding of accounting systems and procedures essential.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage large amounts of detailed information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under stringent deadlines.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS