Assc Director – Software Architect
Job Description An Associate Director - Software Architect fulfils the following responsibilities with very limited guidance:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to interpret requirements across an entire application, with special focus on items that need to be configurable or customizable.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide high level estimates for an entire application
- Work collaboratively with other architects to design the end-to-end architecture for multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Ensure design allows for a highly configurable and extensible application.
- Research technologies and build POCs to ensure feasibility
- Create technical design documents for the architecture of a module and/or collaborate with other architects to create the technical design documents for the architecture at an application level.
- Review technical design documents created by others and ensure alignment with the overall architecture of the application
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a project
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master as a plus.
- 7+ years of professional software design
- Aptitude for building frameworks to be used by others
- Is very familiar with design patterns and successfully selects the appropriate design pattern based on the scenario
- Strong knowledge of C++ and High Performance Computing
- Familiarity with scalability frameworks such as OpenMPI and MP is a plus
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert in Development Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Familiar with Databases: Amazon RDS, Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with climate science is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.