Assistant Director- Data Scientist
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director-Data Scientist must be motivated to design, develop, and deliver high end technology and analytical solutions to the finance industry.
Responsible for exploring Moody's extensive datasets, designing and implementing analytical models and participating in design of our data aggregation and reporting solutions.
As part of a small team, you will be involved in all aspects of developing and market testing new products. This includes analyzing existing data stores, working with third party data feeds and designing data capture and data management systems. Once a prototype is developed you will work with internal partners in existing SaaS and installed software products to integrate new products and features to our existing client user base.
Functional Responsibilities: ?
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analyses in support of model development, model validation and model implementation
- Provide high-quality data analysis and analytical solutions that support business objectives
- Lead independent efforts within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies
- Suggest improvements to the tools and techniques to establish and maintain scalability
- Implement models in a production environment (AWS/cloud or on-premises)
- Perform data visualization, create presentations and conduct client product demos
- Master's degree in a quantitative fields is required ?
- Significant experience querying structured data for analytical purposes ?
- Mastery of at least one analytical programming language (e.g. R, Python) ?
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting ?
- Able to clearly communicate findings to intelligent non-experts ?
- Financial Services industry experience is desired ?
- Familiarity with Climate Science is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.