- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director of Operations
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAAs Associate Director of Operations, you will be a leader within our global Operations Group responsible for building and improving business and technical processes of Moodys.com and Ratings Delivery Service, the main sources of Moody's ratings and research. You will be mentoring and developing a regional team of associates in driving continual improvements while also building new lean, repeatable processes. To achieve these goals, you will partner with global teams such as Strategy, Development, Program Management and other operational groups. You will maintain dashboards and turn metrics reports into actionable insights.
Your strengths are in workflow efficiency, issue resolution, and resource management. You have a strong background in technology, industrial engineering, operations research, and/or finance. You are an extremely flexible leader with a demonstrated record of success in creatively completing complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a regional team of talented associates
- Regularly report on metrics to increase transparency and identify areas of improvement
- Meet business demands by partnering with Product Strategy, Development, Program Management, Client Services, IT and other operational teams
- Identify gaps in processes and lead enhancement initiatives
- Second-tier support including identifying, resolving and/or escalating client-reported product issues
- Manage and act upon system-generated reports for time-sensitive and regulated data feeds for a $150MM product
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of documentation for team knowledge base
- Work schedule requires availability on some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Finance or a related field. Master's degree is a plus
- At least six years of experience leading teams. Global management experience a plus.
- At least two years of hands-on data experience writing SQL ( Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Hands-on experience with ETL software such as Clover, SSIS, etc.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and business users
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities including root cause analyses
- Experience with or exposure to programming and/or scripting
- Experience in troubleshooting XML, Web Services and mobile technology platforms
- Exposure to Cloud Computing services
- Experience in recruiting high performing team members
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.