- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17
Senior Front End Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join the software engineering team in our San Francisco office. The role will provide an opportunity to develop a next generation enterprise application and would suit a highly motivated technical architect with a passion for hands-on application development.
Responsibilites: - Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
- Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions .
Moody's Analytics has a suite of products related to Credit Assessment and Origination. Our software is used extensively by commercial banks, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organizations throughout the world. The candidate will be part of the Enterprise Risk Solutions architecture team located in our San Francisco office.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Significant enterprise software development (6+ years of software design and development experience). This position requires hands-on development.
- Must have knowledge of AngularJS, Typescript practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience.
- Must have extensive experience in creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Must have experience creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environment. Must be familiar with npm, bower and one or more of karma, jasmine, protractor, mocha etc.
- Must be willing to work with UX and other teams as well as lead a team of developers.
- Must have experiencing leveraging REST, JSON, SOAP and other service layer technologies.
- Preferred experience with build tools such as grunt and gulp.
- Nice to have experience with Object-Oriented Design Principles.
- Nice to have knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL programming.
-Nice to have experience with testing and automation methodologies and tools
- Nice to have experience building OLAP and data mining solutions using Oracle technologies.
-Nice to have knowledge of JAVA and/or .NET technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a changing environment.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.