Integration & Application Architecture Leader
Integration & Application Architecture Leader, Denver, CO/USA
Are you excited to lead the development of a new platform that will transform the digital FinTech landscape? Do you like to be at the forefront of technology engineering/architecture development to move money for better? Join Western Union as a Digital Engineering - Integration & Application Architect Leader. Motivated by our values: purpose driven, globally minded, and trustworthy & respectful
We're a FinTech that's using insight from customers and colleagues worldwide to improve financial services for families, small businesses, multinational corporations, and non-profit organizations. We're a team of over 10,000 people spanning 200 countries and territories. We believe when money moves, better things happen. Better requires process discipline and simplification
We'll be looking to you to work across the IT organization and with business partners to define and build out complex solutions and drive value through business process simplification, automation, and new product capabilities. You will play a critical role in designing and developing scalable, message-based, event-driven micro-service-oriented systems that are the engine behind Western Union. Our Digital platform is getting a redesign based on cloud and microservices technologies in support of our global reach and new products, including integrations and solutions with blockchain.
The Integration and Application Architecture Leader will work on innovative, actionable, and efficient technology solutions to drive global Payments, Risk and Fraud detection and prevention, Big Data, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products.
Specific duties include:
- Lead the architecture of digital back end systems inclusive of Payments (funds in and funds out), Risk and Fraud (Risk rule base decisioning and predictive modeling), Big Data (Digital Data for analytics, ML and AI)
- Lead the architecture, design, and documentation of new and enhanced services
- Drive the strategy and support implementation of Cloud solutions, microservices, and blockchain technologies.
- Lead technical roadmap for products and technical components
- Mentor and coach junior architects and engineers; Assist support teams in solving complex customer and platform issues
- Drive and own the Digital Back End Architecture inclusive of target and future architecture, identify gaps and define component roadmap aligned to business and technology objectives
- Recommend and institute best practices, frameworks, design patterns, tools, and reference architectures
- Conduct product/tools evaluation and provide enterprise appropriate recommendations
- Create detailed engineering functional solution documentation and partner 'how-to' documentation
- Responsible for aligning services delivered from the capability owners
- Assumes ownership of action plans and remediation related to enterprise architecture
- Oversee interdependencies between interfacing technologies and their support teams
- Influence and drive engineering strategy. Participate with internal & external organizations to drive continuous improvement
- Oversee highly complex, cross-functional projects independently at a cross-portfolio level in multiple domains.
- Ensure that infrastructure for projects is architected and delivered according to plan, design, and deployed successfully, including on-premise and cloud.
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to our back end engineering and support teams
- Set a strategy of innovative and efficient technology solutions.
- Drive the design and development of robust and scalable solutions.
For such a pivotal role, you'll need the following:
Join us, and let's move money for better
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering and a master's degree is even more desirable.
- 15+ years of software development experience and architecture, 10+ years leading technology transformation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong presentation skills for presenting technology solutions to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Enterprise and software architecture skills encompassing data, application, and technology - including security
- Enterprise application integration including SOA, BPM, APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Micro Services, Containerization
- Have experience with using XML, XSD, JSON, and other data payload formats
- Data architecture and design across ETL, DWH, and Analytics; Big Data, Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google or Hybrid) based architecture designs and implementations
- DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant, and Ivy
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools
It's an exciting time at Western Union. We're growing as a business, and we're shaping the financial services sector by driving quality, convenience and customer service to new levels of excellence. We're unleashing our potential. If you're ready to do the same, apply now.
We're a company on the move, and we want our people to grow and develop. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as a great salary and benefits package.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected category.