Privacy and Data Protection Counsel - Denver, Colorado
Would you like to play a critical role in advising a fintech company on complex issues relating to privacy and data protection law across the Americas? How about offering your skills to a truly global company and helping to ensure that the company and its employees, partners, and agents do the right thing with data and technology and create trust? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to join Western Union as a Privacy and Data Protection Counsel. Western Union powers your pursuit.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for handling a variety of complex projects focused on privacy and data protection. Role Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to all business units within the company, including contract review and negotiation of privacy and data protection clauses in procurement, agent, partner, and other types of contracts.
- Provide privacy legal advice on new and existing products to advise the company on its obligations under applicable privacy, data protection, AI, cybersecurity, and related laws and regulations.
- Advise on identifying and mitigating privacy and data protection risks.
- Advise and represent the company in investigating and resolving significant complaints, and disputes, at hearings and trials, as necessary.
- Monitor, research, and advise on new and emerging privacy and data protection legislation, guidance, and case law.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- At least 5 plus years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department with privacy and data protection law.
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited school of law and will be admitted to at least one U.S. state bar.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to assess risks.
- Experience with contract review and negotiation of privacy and data protection clauses.
- Strong knowledge of privacy laws and regulations in the USA, Canada, and Brazil.
- Confident communicator, with ability to engage and influence key stakeholders.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/. Salary
The salary range is $180,000 - $200,000USD per year, total on target compensation includes a base salary and short-term and long-term incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States specific benefits include:
- Family First Program
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.