Private Equity / Debt Analyst
- Washington D.C., DC, USA Washington D.C. DC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Private Equity / Debt Analyst
Darby Overseas Investments, Ltd. (Darby), a global emerging markets Private Equity and Private Debt investment firm, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Franklin Resources Inc. with cumulative assets under management (AUM) of over three billion. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Darby has a presence in all three key emerging market regions-Latin America, Asia, and Central/South Eastern Europe (CSEE), with offices in Washington, D.C., Miami, Bogota, Mexico City, São Paulo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Mumbai, Bratislava, Vienna, Budapest, Warsaw, and Istanbul.
Since October 2003, Darby Overseas Investments, Ltd. has been the private equity arm of Franklin Resources Inc. [NYSE:BEN], a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI). Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management solutions managed by its Franklin, Templeton, Mutual Series, Fiduciary Trust and Darby investment teams. The San Mateo, California-based company has more than 50 years of investment experience and over US $763.9 billion in assets under management (AUM) as of February 4, 2016. For more information, please visit http://www.franklintempleton.com/ and http://www.darbyoverseas.com/ .
The Darby Latin America Private Debt Fund department is looking for ambitious candidates to join its expanding team as an Private Equity/Debt Analyst. The candidate will be an active participant of the team by performing screening, research, financial modeling, and other quantitative & qualitative analyses as part of the investment team.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Private Equity/Debt Analyst?
- Support senior members of Darby's Latin American Private Debt Team in investor reporting and portfolio monitoring with direct reporting to the head of the Fund
- Conducting financial analysis for new investments
- Coordinating Fund administration with external/internal service providers.
- Create financial models; perform valuation models for existing and prospective investments
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements and prepare periodic portfolio reports.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Strong academic background from a top tier university with an undergraduate business degree with some finance and accounting focus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel modeling skills
- Strong analytic and financial modelling skills
- Working knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese
- Applicant should also demonstrate highly organized working approach to assigned responsibilities
- Ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.