Entry-Level Data Positions (Data Engineer, Machine Learning & Visualization)
Citi Consumer Technology is seeking dozens of talented entry-level engineers for its Data & Analytics organization, based in Dallas, Texas, and Jacksonville, Fla.
We work with a variety of technologies and are hiring across multiple teams, including Visualization, Data Engineering & Machine Learning Engineering. You'll find more information below on our roles, our interview process, and our commitment to your growth and development.
Applications are accepted year-round, with multiple start dates organized around orientation trainings. Our Organization
The best way to think about Citi Consumer Technology is that we're a tech company inside a bank. We develop software that has a variety of end users: mobile apps and websites that help our customers manage their money, desktop software that allows our customer service agents to provide help and advice, and internal databases, microservices or tools that teams at Citi rely upon every day.
Our Data & Analytics team makes all of that possible, whether it's getting data from Point A to B securely and efficiently; creating customized visualization tools for evaluating performance or forecasting outcomes; building and maintaining our Big Data pipelines; or scaling our data science models to production.
No matter which team you're part of here, you'll be solving complex challenges alongside great people. Your Role
You'd be placed into our Data & Analytics organization into one of the following roles (experience with one or more of the listed technologies is required):
- Data Engineer: Hadoop/Big Data Technologies, Spark, Google or AWS Cloud Development Data Solutions, Scala, Python, SQL. In this role, you will build/manage our Big Data pipelines and manage data migrations.
- Machine Learning Engineer: Data Engineer skillset plus experience with Machine Learning concepts, frameworks and infrastructure. Here, you will scale our data science models into production-level applications.
- Visualization Engineer: Angular/React, Java, Tableau. Create customized dashboards for reporting or forecasting models. This can be through full-stack web applications, Tableau or a combination of the two.
During the interview process, we will work with you to determine which of these roles best suits your skills and interests. Job offers are made with a specific role in mind, so you would know your specific position well in advance of joining the company. Training
Soon after joining, you'll go through several weeks of training to better understand our applications, team structure and processes. You'll also have a chance to dive deeper into the technical aspects of your role so that you can hit the ground running. Our goal is to equip you with the tools you need to get off to a bright start at Citi.
But the learning can't stop there. As technology evolves, you must adapt. Through access to additional instructor-led trainings and free access to thousands of hours of content via Udemy, Pluralsight and other online platforms, you'll never stop growing your skillset. Communication/Leadership
While much of your time will be spent coding or on other highly technical work, this is a highly collaborative environment that will also make use of your communication and influencing skills. Whether you're working with a project manager to set a realistic deadline, helping demo a product to a business partner, or working with internal stakeholders like Architecture or Security, we need engineers who can clearly communicate technical concepts, be great teammates, and influence without authority. You'll be entrusted with meaningful work that impacts our customers, and you'll be empowered to suggest new ideas. The Most Important Thing
We believe bright people can learn new things, so while the qualifications below are important, there is one that we absolutely will not compromise on: attitude.
We're looking for great teammates who are excited to learn new things, motivated to contribute, and eager to collaborate - not compete - with others. We've worked hard to build a supportive family environment, and we're proud to say that candidates and new hires consistently notice it.
This is a place where people look out for one other, build relationships, and help each other succeed.
If that sounds like you, we'd love to have you here! Qualifications
- Degree, certification or commensurate skills in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of Hadoop/Big Data Technologies, Spark, Google or AWS Cloud Development Data Solutions, Scala, Python, Machine Learning concepts/frameworks/infrastructure, Angular/React, Java, Tableau, or SQL.
- Ability to pass technical interviews consisting of basic algorithmic programming exercises.
- Must be collaborative and adaptable, with good communication skills.
- Experience designing and interacting with databases.
- Knowledge of the principles of software engineering and data analytics.
- System level understanding - Data structures, algorithms, distributed storage & compute.
- Experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAS is a plus.
- Experience in the Financial industry is a plus.
Dallas, TX; Jacksonville, FL Majors:
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or similar. Start Dates:
Rolling start dates available throughout 2021. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Digital Software Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting