Underwriter (Auto Loan & Lease) - Telecommute
Responsibilities May Include
- Analyzing, evaluating and approving indirect consumer loan and lease applications for auto loans and leases, in accordance with industry and business unit standards.
- Managing and executing underwriting decisions for dealer relationships as well as building relationships that will grow loan volumes and credit quality with the assigned dealerships.
- Working to sell U.S. Bank products to deepen dealer relationships.
- Gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss.
- Developing and maintaining a loan and lease portfolio consistent with the Bank's guidelines for credit quality and pricing.
- Approving and/or denying loans within certain limits and making credit structure and loan pricing decisions.
Ideal candidates for this posting will reside in either the Tampa, Florida market or anywhere in the state of Tennessee.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years of experience in credit analysis and/or underwriting loans
- Well-developed ability to analyze and interpret credit quality information
- Thorough knowledge in credit and risk analysis, underwriting, administration, policy and procedure
- Demonstrated effective judgment in making loan decisions
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal communication and writing/documentation skills
Florida-FL-Tampa Work Locations: Job:
Credit Underwriting Organization:
U.S. Bank. Shift:
1st - Daytime Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time