Sr Account Manager, Wealth Management Advisory New 📅 81163 Requisition # 📅 1 day ago Post Date
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships by coordinating administration of complex fiduciary, investment management, estate settlement, guardianship, and/or custody accounts.
- This Partner establishes and maintains the account, responds to client inquiries, produces action plans and reports, and oversees transaction processing in coordination with the Client Support Services Team. The partner assists Wealth Management Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators and/or Client Advisors with client requests, meetings, business development and creating client presentations.
- Coordinates account administration for fiduciary, investment management, estate settlement, guardianship, and/or custody accounts for complex client relationships.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of governing documents and account agreements.
- Receives service requests from clients and partners, and communicates to service partners; obtains appropriate information from partners and clients to facilitate service changes or transactions
- Coordinates resolution of client issues; informs client of steps taken to resolve requests or problems.
- Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client servicing events and ensures execution and follow-up; communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, document requests, or other information.
- Engages the Client Support Services Team on execution of client servicing events, account opening and closing, cash movement, and fee set-ups.
- Assists Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators, and/or Client Advisors in account acceptance process, discretionary request analysis and process, compliance management and annual account review process; ensures appropriate documentation is collected and imaged; ensures systems information is up-to-date; ensures accurate set up and review of fees; documents services provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of various business applications critical to relationship management including client on-line tools.
- Assists Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators, and/or Client Advisors with business development and client presentations. Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
- Able to serve as a key subject-matter expert and mentor to other more junior-level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior-level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in financial servicing or related experience/credentials preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge of personal trust, estate, guardian and Advisory services and products, usually acquired through related work experience, is required
- Knowledge of internal bank trust functions is required
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.