GFT Finance Data Services - Senior Technical Business Analyst / Project Manager - Tampa- C13/VP – (R2029220)
GFT Finance Data Services - Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager - Tampa- C13/VP - (R2029220)
Job Description Job Purpose
Citi is seeking a Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager to support implementation of Data Quality platform for the GFTS Risk and Finance Data Services. The role will support the development of platform and program, from data governance perspective, that improves data quality, sets goals, standards, processes, reporting and technology around data governance. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the business has robust data governance processes including clear understanding of critical data elements, definitions, and looks at how data traverses across platforms from origination through to regulatory reporting. The goal will be to manage data and eliminate discrepancies across functions and install effective controls that prevent and monitor data quality breaks. Working experience in Finance or Risk Functions on the Banking products is essential. Exposure to Big Data ecosystem is preferred with relevant knowledge on Data Management Tools. This is a significant opportunity for an experienced analyst with experience in modern data platforms to move into a role working with a variety of development teams, including close collaboration with an on-site Data Governance team. Exposure to Retail Banking products or Wholesale/Investment banking is preferred.
The role requires the ability to set a vision for governance and influence a wide range of stakeholders across the bank. This role will work closely with senior representatives from the Chief Data Office and Internal Business Controls to deliver a well-documented and controlled program. They will lead collaboration with internal subject matter experts, Technology, Risk Management, and global teams to deliver results. In addition, this leader may interact directly with regulators from time to time. This individual will require significant experience in dealing with all levels of management in highly complex organizational dynamic requiring adaptability, boldness, and creative forward thinking.
To be successful in this role, the individual must have the business experience to understand how data is utilized within the company, the ability to communicate with others to understand and convey data and information needs; provide guidance and direction on usage of the data; and develop reporting that tracks data quality and control:
In addition to that, the individual should also have project management experience across all the phases of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Closure. What we offer :
• Be a part of leadership team to develop, enhance, support and maintain solutions for GFTS Data Services applications.
• Participate in technical discussions/brainstorming sessions and define ideas and strategies for existing and future platforms
• Gain exposure to Wholesale, Retail business across data, risk and finance
• Work across diverse set of data platforms and have an opportunity to be part of re-architecture and re-platforming initiatives on modern Big Data technologies
GFTS Data Services platform is a global Data Repository of Contracts, Position and Balances for all of Citi's assets and liability. This data repository is build on Enterprise Data Standards and anchored to the financials, for the use of Finance and Risk; regulatory and management reporting. The team is working on an exciting modernization and simplification program, aligned with latest technologies. GFTS Data Services is building a sophisticated next generation Data solution. The team is the global center for the creation of API-based, Event Driven platform using cutting edge technologies and techniques.
The volume and variety of data involved in these Finance and Risk Functions results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
The specific team you will be joining is responsible for developing and maintaining solutions related to Data Quality platform for GFT Data Services. This team is responsible for build out of a Data Quality and Governance platform. For the right candidate, it is an opportunity to join Data Quality team and expand into Data Lineage, Data Tracing and Data Governance. Responsibilities
• Assist with Business Analysis by driving and implementing Data Quality solution with a primary goal to continuously assess the current DQ stack/rules and partner with development team to build innovative technical solutions in an increasingly regulated yet extremely disruptive environment.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and work with users to identify requirements and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
• Writing the Business and Functional Requirement document.
• Develop comprehensive project plans including milestones and activities, resources and timelines, to ensure project success.
• Provide detail updates on project status to senior management.
• Quickly becoming SME on Finance and Risk Functions on all the products in Wholesale Banking and/or Retail banking Space - Corp Loans, Deposits, Trade Products, OTC, ETD, Custody and Trust, Securities, Debt, Securitization, SFT, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Personal Loans.
• Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
• Coordinate with business and technology partners throughout the SDLC lifecycle.
• Oversee and steer functional requirements process with technology partners.
• Oversee and write test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation.
• Coordinate and provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results.
• Partner with Data Governance Office to effectively measure data quality of the business.
• Communicate and interact with multiple teams for understanding the requirements, troubleshoot an incident and provide resolution .
• Requirement analysis including interaction with Business Users.
• Partner with technology resources to design and implement technology solutions, including documenting business and functional requirements, testing and implementation plans. Must Have Skills
5+ years ' experience as a business analyst and/or project manager.
5+ years' experience writing business requirement documents.
3+ years' experience within Information technology
3+ years' experience influencing seniors and key stakeholders
Experience in Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management tools.
Working experience with one of the Wholesale or Consumer products - Corp Loans, Deposits, Trade Products, OTC, ETD, Custody and Trust, Securities, Debt, Securitization, SFT, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Personal Loans is preferred
Familiar with the financial services industry and/or regulatory environments.
Ability to build relationships and partner across a complex organization.
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet defined deadlines.
Excellent time management, follow-through and project delivery skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Implementation or Usage experience of any of Data Lineage / Data Quality product viz. Collibra, etc Education:
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
C13 Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Data Analytics Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting