ISG Technology - Application Support Senior Specialist
The Application Support Senior Analyst provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applications. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed. Are you a clear communicator who is able to work clients as well as your internal team at all levels? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking to grow within production support? We highly consider you to apply if you have the below skills and qualifications: Essential functional skills
-Experience working in a production support environment
-Understanding of problem management methodologies
-Strong drive to learn new technology
-Ability to work high extreme pressure
-Strong organizational skills
-Ability to work in a team environment
-Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision Responsibilities:
- Maintains application systems that have completed the development stage and are running in the daily operations of the firm.
- Manages, maintains and supports applications and their operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and functionality against service level expectations.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Perform same day risk reconciliations
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Identifies ways to maximize the potential of the applications used
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex application enhancements and problem resolution
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
Nice to have:
- Solid foundation with SQL database technology, and ability to write SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience in an Application Support function
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals, ability to work in Linux environment
- Exposure to ticketing software
- Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Good all-round technical skills
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholders
- Hands-on programming experience, or past work as a developer
- Scripting experience
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our clients are top corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries around the world and our mission is to help them achieve their goals. We do so by providing strategic, financing and operational insights and executing tailored product/service solutions, both across our borders and domestically. The ICG responds to clients' changing needs through its long-established relationship coverage approach that provides client solutions utilizing all of Citi's relevant capabilities, including the broadest possible access to financial markets globally. No other institution can match our combination of global insights, client relationship management services, geographic reach and local and cross-border product expertise.
The ICG technology is organized into Markets and Securities Services (MSST), Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Citi Private Bank (CPB) and Information Services Group (ISG). Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting