IT Lead Business Analyst within Prime Finance Technology, VP
The position is for a lead business analyst within Prime Finance Technology. This role will participate in the in the full project lifecycle of strategic technology initiatives, partnering with project stakeholders including the Agency Securities Lending (ASL) Business, and all front to back ASL teams including Middle Office, Settlements, Regulatory, Control, Finance and Treasury There will be a focus on the complete trade life cycle, regulatory impact across Prime and overall re-engineering efforts. There will be strong working relationship with the development and QA teams to help deliver high quality solutions. The ideal candidate will have proven Business Analysis and Project Manaemnt and team leadership skills. Responsibilities:
- Provide input during development and implementation phases, including formulation and definition of systems scope, objectives and necessary system enhancements for complex, high-impact projects
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and partner with multiple management teams and other units to meet organizational objectives
- Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analyses with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and influence strategic functional decisions
- Supervise day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management, work allocation, mentoring/coaching and other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in technical BA function
Proficient in JIRA, SharePoint/Collaborate, SQL Queries
Demonstrated experienced in Securities Lending technology sp
Innovative thinker that can help develop creative solutions to complex business problems in a simple clean manner
Excellent technical writing skills, capable of producing high quality requirements documents.
Strong communication skills, ability to explain technical and functional requirements in a clear, concise manner
Exposure to SDLC methodologies; Agile and Scrum preferable
Ability to understand/articulate technology architectures and design
Ability to Project Manage a program across various streams
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- Able to work in a multi-cultural / multi-time zone environment
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
- A background in Agency Securities Lending is preferred, however candidates with a good knowledge of Securities Financing will be considered.
- Knowledge of Settlements, Trade Life Cycle, Billing, Mark to Market, Collateral
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Business Analysis / Client Services Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting