Cloud Engineering Lead, Director
Description About this role
BlackRock's Technology Cloud Services team is responsible for building and growing a multi-cloud strategy. We are looking for a Cloud Engineering Leads that can step up to the challenge and be responsible for an engineering team. We are a newly formed interdisciplinary team focusing on delivering access to all three major cloud providers to our development community in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to tackle large scale challenges.
We have a team that work globally and excited to get an Engineering Lead to help move us forward! We want to see how our successful candidate will fit into our Agile working methods and push to get a rock solid product out to our customers!
You are looking at a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. You are a strong candidate when it comes to your ability to work in and lead a truly international team. You will have experience in building cloud infrastructure while keeping security, cost, performance and complexity at top of mind.
As the Cloud Engineering Lead you will:
What you'll need:
- Drive the Cloud Engineering team to succeed in their goals
- Push our landing zone services/product in the right direction, utilizing roadmaps and feature definitions to accomplish the job
- Develop deep technical expertise across all three cloud providers and BlackRock products
- Grow your technical knowledge and leadership skills to become one of the most productive technology teams at BlackRock
Who you are:
- Detailed knowledge of cloud design principles
- Several years worth of experience in running Agile teams and can show your passion to improve yourself and your squads
- Examples of cloud designs & blueprints along with the business value that these have achieved
- Showcase your ability to take detailed technical designs and translate them into measurable stories for your squad
- To have been using Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver sophisticated infrastructure across Azure (preferred) or AWS.
- To act as Product Owner for Technology Infrastructure's cloud-based services
- Goal setting, in alignment with Technology Infrastructure and BlackRock business goals
- Experience at running a globally diverse engineering team
- You know how to influence decision-making - at all levels and across contexts - within an organization
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when vital, and you persevere where others do not
- Excited to coach engineers and driving towards engineering perfection
- Minimum of 3 years' experience implementing cloud platform designs; "Landing Zone" style designs for automated infrastructure
- Passionate about crafting and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or GitHub following GitOps principles
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.