Senior Android Developer
Cognizant is looking for an experienced top-notch Androiddeveloper to grow with our dev team! As an Android Developer, you will beinvolved from conception to completion with projects that are technologicallysound and aesthetically impressive. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoysworking in a fast paced, collaborative team. Someone that values the “team” andmaximizes the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver quality. You must be legally authorized to work in the United Stateswithout the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
About Cognizant Interactive: Cognizant Interactive helpsclients reinvent products, experiences and business models to create new value,differentiation and drive revenue in the digital economy. We take anExperience centered approach
which uses human insights to take ideas fromvision to outcome and building experience led solutions that enables brands totransform their customer and employee experiences using design, marketing andcommerce capabilities
- Design and development projects for existing android app.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects depending on the project.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences and UI prototypes
- Optimizing performance for the app
- Communicate effectively with teams and management
- Understanding requirements and coordinating with offshore teams
- Be up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Ability to integrate any backend system for web service integration
- Ability to handle production issues in timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of software development experience
- 3-5 years Android experience (preferably client side)
- Proficient in Android, Kotlin & Java
- Must have implemented end to end application and have gone through market place release process.
- Well versed with building UI using XML and custom UI components
- Comfortable and should have used on Unit test framework
- Experience in consuming web services using JSON/ XML
- Experience in leading a small group of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of software design and various patterns like – MVM, MVVM, MVP, MVC, Delegation, Singleton, Factory, Adapter
- Familiarity with agile development/waterfall processes and methodologies
- Expertise in app memory management, multithreading, networking & Security
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Source code control understanding (experience with Git preferred)
- Experience with Java Collections and Threading
- Experience working with functional languages