Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Compliance Audit Manager Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 2 days ago(1/10/2020 4:37 PM) ID 2020-5419 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
The Compliance Audit Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a risk based compliance audit plan that addresses all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. The position is responsible for leading and executing audits that conform to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IIA Standards) and that are designed to assess the adequacy of the Bank’s control environment relating to compliance with Banking regulations. Additionally, the Compliance Audit Manager role will be responsible for leading, directing, evaluating, and developing audit professionals to ensure audit activities are conducted to high standards of accuracy, rigor, and credibility and according to regulations and industry standards.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive compliance audit plan that addresses key regulatory requirements and provides a sound third line of defense risk based coverage
- Develop detail project plans that effectively incorporate appropriate risks, scope, staffing requirements, deliverables, timelines, budgets and client availability
- Execute and document testing procedures for in-scope areas, including test of design, test of effectiveness and substantive testing to ensure results support audit conclusions and adherence to IA Department standards
- Subject matter expert on compliance related matters affecting the Bank
- Review testing documentation of seniors and staff to ensure the results support the testing conclusions and adhere to IA Department standards
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Vet issues with management at all necessary levels of the organization on a timely basis
- Draft audit reports that accurately, clearly and concisely present the issue identified to key stakeholders
- Effectively communicating findings to various levels of management
- Develop and cultivate relationships with senior management and other key internal contacts, including Management Committee members and their direct reports
- Work closely with management to promptly resolve any concerns that may arise and build trust. Serve as a business advisor and partner by providing the business unit and senior management with advice related to business issues and controls
- Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback
- Provide guidance to the team in all phases of an audit as needed
- Manage personnel effectively through coaching and mentoring. Guiding department personnel in their careers and providing learning opportunities
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth by assuming progressively more challenging assignments (in-line with standard audit career progression), proactively seeking relevant education and training opportunities, and expanding professional network
- Ensure compliance with IIA Standards
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Professional certification such as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other compliance-related certifications. CRCM preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. consumer banking regulations (e.g., BSA/AML, Fair Lending, Flood, Reg E, UDAAP, etc.)
- 7+ years of relevant experience and prior managerial experience a plus
- Ability to work independently in areas of difficult or complex nature
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage shifting priorities
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- High level of expertise in collaboration and communication with internal and external parties
- Exemplify a positive attitude, strong work ethic, team work and professionalism
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS