Director U.S. T&O Governance Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Director-US-T-O-Governance_R200007357-3/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
The Director, U.S. T&O Governance is a key member of the U.S. T&O Governance team and plays a lead role to drive the U.S. governance program within T&O, ensuring operational execution and ongoing sustainment to maintain strong risk management for U.S. T&O. The role influences how the objectives of U.S. T&O are achieved, risk is monitored and assessed, and performance is optimized via the facilitation and identification of opportunities that provide for deeper analyses and insights for T&O to leverage in governing and managing its U.S. operations. The incumbent enables strong governance and oversight of activities impacting U.S. T&O and improves the Banks ability to successfully execute significant T&O projects that involve the U.S. This role provides support to the Head, U.S. T&O Governance on operational execution and risk control oversight to build a strong U.S. T&O function. The Director, U.S. T&O Governance works across a team that is accountable to drive the strategic agenda for U.S. T&O by developing implementation, communication and change management strategies for both U.S. T&O strategic objectives and Enterprise T&O strategic initiatives.
- Acts as representative for the Head, U.S. T&O Governance and assists in relationship building with various business lines, T&O leaders, corporate support areas, executives, and regulators as needed.
- Acts as a liaison for matters of importance on behalf of the Head, U.S. T&O Governance and at times acts as a central point of contact for the coordination of U.S. Chief T&O Officer activities.
- Establishes relationships with T&O executives and team leads to ensure that goals and strategic initiatives are in sync between U.S. and Canada operations.
Risk Control and Regulatory Oversight:
- Manages relationships with the Enterprise Regulatory Office (ERO), U.S. Governance Program Office (GPO), Corporate Audit, and Enterprise Risk & Portfolio Management (ERPM) to assist the Head, U.S. T&O Governance in monitoring risk levels to assure they stay in sync with overall risk management goals.
- Gains understanding of regulator expectations and establishes means for coordinating and supporting and U.S. Bank integrated view.
- Provides 1st line independent oversight and subject matter expertise to ensure risk management activities are managed in accordance with the risk appetite and tolerances set out by T&O and ERPM.
- Fosters and influences an effective working relationship with regulators serves as a key point of contact for U.S. regulators, participates in all regulatory meetings, helps Corporate Support Areas deliver on heightened expectations, and keeps the Head, U.S. T&O Governance abreast of regulatory matters and interactions.
- Provides balanced insights into current, emerging, and potential technology trends and identifies opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of risk control processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of emerging technologies as they pertain to external regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX, ISO, COSO, FFIEC, GLBA).
- Fosters and influences an effective working relationship with regulators to establish a U.S. T&O integrated view.
- Supports the Head, U.S. T&O Governance by identifying and escalating appropriate issues, supporting regulatory conversations and recommendations, and providing expertise within U.S. T&O for regulatory and audit activities, driving integration efforts.
- Supports the Head, U.S. T&O Governance to execute decision rights identified on the U.S. T&O decisions rights matrix to support the management of U.S. T&O within BMO U.S.
- Provides regular updates on the status of U.S. T&O governance initiatives to ensure the continual focus across T&O on U.S. governance and the unique needs of BMO U.S.
- Understands organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in applicable field of study. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years previous work experience in internal audit, information technology, or cyber-security.
- Strong understanding of risk and controls. Subject matter expertise related to financial services, information technology and cyber-security preferred.
- Solid understanding of Bank legal and managerial organizational structure and regulatory implications.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand complex situations
- Very strong people skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and influencing skills
- Ability to develop, implement and manage change
- Sound Judgment
- Strategic Use of Relationships
- Execution Capabilities
- Teamwork and Partnership
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR200007357 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.