Director, Quality Assurance,Quality Control
Director Quality Assurance Quality Control, Enterprise Fraud Management Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Director--Fraud---Quality-Assurance-Control_R200007165-2/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
In this exciting opportunity, you will support the business/group leader in the effective implementation, maintenance and administration of first line of defense (1st LOD) programs (e.g., operational risk, AML, compliance, regulatory, etc.), including overseeing business operations within the jurisdiction to ensure adherence and efficiency. In addition, you will contribute to a strong risk management culture through collaboration with other first line employees, and second & third line functions to ensure compliance, AML or operational risks are identified, mitigated, monitored and reported on an ongoing basis.
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cyber Security, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMOs ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Fraud is a critical business function at BMO, and the Enterprise Fraud Management team is growing in Canada and the US. This is an amazing opportunity to build and grow our Fraud team. Its currently a small team of inbound/outbound call centre agents, and you will be building it out while executing and/or monitoring quality control practices to ensure that all agents are adhering to process, policy, regulatory requirements. You will also have the unique opportunity to create KPIs, and KRIs that will drive decision making and improvements while creating efficiency and effectiveness in Enterprise Fraud Management.
***This position can be based in Canada or USA. It will depend on where the candidate resides.
*Work locations in Canada are Barrie (Ont.) or Toronto (Ont.)
*Work locations in the US are Chicago (IL) , Cedarburg, (WI), Berkeley Heights (NJ), or New York City.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Acts as a strategic partner to ensure the program elements becomes an integrated component of the overall business/group strategies.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Develops longer term program strategies assessing both internal needs & industry trends to deliver best-in-class programs for BMO.
- Supports multiple, varied business units with significant complexity & business transaction risk.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the evaluation, development and implementation of an internal control system.
- Prepares and briefs senior leaders on regulatory matters across multiple businesses/groups.
- Monitors and advises on management of risk requirements within the defined risk appetite.
- Manages/supports large/complex risk programs/frameworks /projects/initiatives to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated and regulations adhered to.
- Monitors industry and legislative developments and continuously updates programs to ensure they are competitive and effective.
- Supports the position on regulatory compliance issues by interpreting requirements (existing, new and emerging) and identifying, analysing and addressing resultant gaps and issues, including those raised through the review of change initiatives.
- Understands the identified risk exposures and supports the development of action plans required to mitigate identified risks.
- Represents the business/group on Governance/Risk Working Groups/Forums and provides regular updates.
- May establish/manage a 1st LOD control group to oversee business/group adherence to the applicable risk managements requirements. May include evaluating the effectiveness of the controls, reporting on risk assessments and reviews, ensuring the business/group management addresses any identified risks and control deficiencies and the provision of advice and guidance to management concerning the design, and operation of the business/group controls.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Directs strategic programs that impact BMO and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
- Provides overall program level change leadership to ensure program vision and objectives are achieved and effectively integrated across BMO.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Monitoring to ensure that 1st line jobs are following defined processes and procedures.
- Develops, documents and maintains business/group procedures updating and obtaining approvals as regulations or the operating environment changes and communicates changes to the business/group & relevant stakeholder groups.
- Designs measurable sustainment strategies including assessing and recommending mitigations for industry/ segment-specific risks and prioritizing opportunities presented by internal and external stakeholders.
- Tracks exception/exemption requests and corresponding approvals.
- Facilitates training to ensure business unit employees fully understand requirements.
- Provides quality control for investigations, self-reports, examinations and independent reviews conducted by internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, providing verbal and written responses to requests for positions, action plans, information and/or documentation.
- May act as the designated Primary Business Unit Compliance Officer (BUCO) and/or Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the operating group and is accountable to meet all program requirements (e.g., Operating Group Compliance Program, AML Program Framework).
- Builds awareness, knowledge, and skills and, as necessary, provides communication, practical tools and ongoing support including making presentations, to promote a culture of risk identification and management.
- Supports the management of 1st LOD program for the business/group in compliance with appropriate principles, standards & direction from the second line of defense groups. Includes developing and promoting program and ensuring the execution of all program components.
- Works with assigned business/group leaders to implement 1st LOD programs and frameworks, developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the applicable regulatory and internal risk management requirements. Interprets and provides advice on the application of the requirements for the business/group.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the business/group strategies and objectives, products and services, internal and external stakeholders and business processes as well as the underlying infrastructure to identify and manage implications and risk exposures for the business/group.
- Identifies, investigates, analyzes, documents & mitigates program risks, taking into account jurisdictional issues, and raises any issues or concerns to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- Analyzes the impact and effectiveness of the program through periodic reviews.
- Recommends adjustments to the overall program, policy or processes within the business/group in accordance with the Risk Appetite Statement, Governance and Corporate Policy.
- Supports the business/group through internal/external audits or regulatory examinations and assists in development of action plans to resolve any identified issues.
- Provides support to the development and delivery of training and awareness programs within the business/group to increase awareness of and compliance to risk management requirements.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in Fraud within the banking industry and/or companies issuing credit card products.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a leadership roles where you are managing call center teams with specific expertise in monitoring inbound and/or outbound calls, assessing call-quality, compliance, and/or customer service opportunities by agents.
- Ideally, nice -to-have strong communication skills in French (both oral and written)
- Strong experience with providing recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the call-quality review process while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Strong experience with developing /enhancing knowledge and executing quality control and reconciliation processes related to fraud operations, fraud controls, fraud risk management practices, etc. (i.e. systems/policies/processes/procedures, as appropriate).
- Strong collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders in providing value-add Quality Assurance(QA) and Quality Control (QC) , and the ongoing review and assessment of QA/QC activities.
- Excellent skills with both MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and highly proficient in creating reports, decks, dashboards, performance effectiveness and adherence measures, as well as other appropriate metrics, and KPIs related to QA/QC.
- Excellence in organizing work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Program management skills - Expert.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR200007165 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.