Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) Developer Lead
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) Developer Lead
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
The Emerging Technology (ET) group collaborates across all geographies, verticals, and sectors to investigate, educate, define, and prototype new emerging technologies. Our mission is to help PwC and our clients understand how to leverage emerging technologies to improve their business. We do not invent, we research, build, assemble, test, and share the knowledge we gain to have an impact on our clients.
Our team is comprised of 3 groups: Research, ET Lab, and Execution. Our Research team investigates emerging technologies, monitors trends, and identifies how these disruptors could impact our clients and industries. Our ET Lab builds and prototypes new technologies to demonstrate the potential of emerging technologies. Our Execution team partners with client delivery teams to support their efforts when using or promoting emerging technologies for their clients.
We share our findings via thought leadership, demos, training, and other methods to support our consultants and clients.
The Intelligent Process Automation Lab sits within Applied Research and is a group of technologists with expertise in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design. We help our clients understand how the cognitive capabilities of Intelligent Process Automation can build upon Robotic Process Automation and improve their business.
We partner with client delivery teams across sectors, verticals, and competencies to develop functional prototypes that demonstrate the potential of Intelligent Process Automation in real-world applications.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 and at least 2 years leading a team in software development in addition to RPA/IPA experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring teams across internal projects, client work, and junior resources;
- Developing demos, playbooks, and thought leadership around Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA);
- Interacting with clients across sectors by providing demos and being available to speak with clients as subject matter specialists interfacing with and presenting to senior leadership;
- Driving the end-to-end delivery of a portfolio of technology prototypes and RPA/IPA solutions;
- Designing and validating IPA/RPA application and data architectures;
- Developing IPA/RPA software including prototyping using platforms such as Workfusion;
- Creating IPA prototypes including end-to-end development and testing of software bots, intelligence engines, APIs and other ecosystem components;
- Coordinating with practice teams and subject matter specialists to identify and build specific RPA/IPA prototypes that can be demonstrated to our clients;
- Validating business and technical requirements, user personas and stories, wireframes and interface design, user experience design, and application and data architectures;
- Delivering prototypes from concept through execution on a timely basis
Working with the key RPA/IPA platforms including BluePrism, AutomationAnywhere, UiPath, Workfusion and Kryon Systems;
- Working with the ET LabsÃ¢â,¬â¢ core team members to establish status, risks, and issues are reported/escalated as needed; and,
- Identifying, managing, and updating the portfolio and pipeline of IPA prototypes and proofs of concept.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in emerging technologies, including the following areas:
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Demonstrating interest in RPA, IPA, technology and entrepreneurship;
- Coaching and helping junior resources learn technical concepts;
- Having proven software development/architecture/infrastructure skills;
- Driving and pushing prototypes forward while considering innovative features, functionality, and usability;
- Collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams and with other developers and designers to continue pushing forward progress towards meeting customer needs;
- Having full stack development skills are not required, but a plus.
Preferred location is Chicago or New York. If Chicago based, travel will be minimal. If outside of Chicago, travel could be 50% or more.