Excellent opportunity for a talented quantitative thinker with an interest in trading markets to contribute to the development and management of existing and new markets. The Manager, in partnership with business managers, oversees the implementation of incentive programs that enhance the health of global benchmark markets and develop new, innovative markets. The principal responsibilities are the development and implementation incentive program including the creation and maintenance performance tools and analysis to drive market-maker behavior and payment of incentive rewards. This role interacts with business leaders from across the company, with IT functions and with clients to ensure incentive program accurate implementation and continued efficacy. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for analysis of market microstructure to improve the exchange's provision of liquid markets, mitigate market structure and financial risks, and enhance its revenue.
Elements of the role include:
- Working with business teams and clients across all product, futures and cash markets, to design, develop and operate incentive programs to enhance liquidity and drive trading market health and growth
- Developing and maintaining (prototype) tools and reports to measure and driving market-maker and anchor client performance in incentive programs
- Working with Information Technology to transition prototype reports and tools into enterprise IT systems and to configure incentive programs on the enterprise systems
- Analyzing market structure and development to monitor the success of incentive programs, market health, and revenue optimization
- Communicating results and problems with internal stakeholders, including senior managers, and with and clients in order to resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities both in implementation and in design of markets and incentive programs
- Quantitative and economic analysis skills with large datasets,
- Proficient in multiple programming languages, ideally Python, R, and C++ for analyzing data sets
- Industry knowledge and/or experience are plus's
- Experience with machine-readable formal markup languages (e.g., SGML, YAML) also a plus
- Clear communicating analytical thinker, uncommon common sense
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.