Program Manager, Data,Analytics
Program Manager Data and Analytics Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Program-Manager-Data-and-Analytics_R200008328/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
The Program Manager Data and Analytics establishes and directs strategic projects which have been initiated within US P&BB Data and Analytics.
The Program Manager Data and Analytics has breadth and depth of understanding of Data and Analytics and is able to facilitate communication between other stakeholders efficiently and effectively. The role directs, manages, and coordinates team members (for potentially multiple projects) including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations
Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and facilitates communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Ensures projects are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills and behaviors.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.)
- Within the context of the assigned projects, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with members of Data and Analytics leadership and other internal and external resources. Sustains and manages the relationship with the Accountable Executive (and Program Manager, where applicable) throughout the duration of the project by providing sound advice, counsel and support
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives. Ensures mechanisms to measure benefits are set up in the project
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
- Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents. Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Provides project change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the project/transformation are driven properly, and ensures change management (the mechanisms of change) are in place to deliver the anticipated project benefits
- Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Uses past experience to proactively "anticipate" risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans. Ensures risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated and escalated when necessary
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Manages and/or validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports
- Provides Data and Analytics with continued insight in the viability of the business case (e.g. costs, benefits, KPIs) as the project progresses
- Negotiates complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials, as well as best value for the Enterprise. Ensures day-to-day vendor relationship management occurs (including monitoring performance, reviewing and approving vendor invoices)
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
- Possesses a university degree and/or 7+ years relevant work experience
- Possesses advanced knowledge and 7 to 10 years of experience in project and program
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills which results in proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Expert change leadership and management skills
- Expert risk management skills
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the senior executive level
- Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or of technologies
- Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at executive levels
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge)
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR200008328 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.