The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar and each plays an essential role in supporting our companys strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and infrastructure. As a steward of Morningstars unique culture, we invest in our employees and offer a place where talented, driven people can grow; and where theyre trusted to help investors reach their financial goals. By helping Morningstar employees succeed we contribute to Morningstars success.
The Opportunity: Great People is one of Morningstars core values, and when it comes to our people, we believe our differences are our strength. Were searching for someone to help cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment by designing and implementing programs and practices across Morningstar.
1. Work with D&I Steering Committee to develop, implement, and evolve company-wide D&I strategy aligned to business goals and objectives, with focus in areas of recruitment and talent management.
2. Work with D&I Steering Committee to design Diversity & Inclusion OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) that directly contribute to and advance the long-range organizational goals.
3. Work with each business area and geographic region to translate company-wide OKRs into specific OKRs for that area or geographic region. On a monthly basis, analyze, evaluate and report on the progress of D&I programs generally and progress of D&I OKRs.
4. Work with leaders from each business area and talent & culture domain leaders to agree on a roadmap of D&I programs that aligns with overall objectives and broader calendar of company activities.
5. Conduct research and benchmarking analysis to identify D&I best practices
6. Support the D&I activity of all parts of the business by creating related materials and resources.
7. Partner with Learning and Development (L&D) to embed D&I in learning programs such as first-time manager, high potential programs and code of conduct training. Seek opportunities to embed capability building, where appropriate (interview training, succession planning, etc.)
8. Work with Talent & Culture people analytics team to understand employee sentiment related to D&I topics.
9. Work with internal communications team to prepare presentations for firmwide events/meetings and develop an overall communication strategy for D&I.
10. Meet with the Diversity Council on a regular basis to understand employee sentiment and identify new opportunities for developing Morningstars D&I program.
5+ Years of experience in a project management or related role
Demonstrated ability to earn senior managers confidence and be relied upon as a trusted team member by senior managers and employees; able to build strong teams and relationships.
Project management and/or program development with implementation experience.
Ability to work in a global environment.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills enhanced by a data driven mindset.
When applying for the role, please also include answers to below questions:
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your intervieweither with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.
Applicants With Disabilities Who Need Accommodation
Morningstar is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 or email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
US Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all employment decisionsincluding recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matterswithout regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.