Senior Data Management Consultant
Senior Data Management Consultant Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Senior-Data-Management-Consultant_R200007889/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Enterprise Marketing Analytics Mandate
Build and maintain a World Class Center of Excellence in Marketing Analytics by:
- Building data and analytics capabilities
- Driving actionable insights
- Leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that will drive increased revenues and improve the overall BMO customer experience
Within the broader mandate for US P&C Customer Analytics, the Data Management teams main objectives are:
- Provide the broader team with data management processes and data architecture solutions that are stable, flexible, and extensible
- Promote and implement best practices for capturing and maintaining high quality customer data
- Liaise with enterprise technology and data governance partners on various topics for US P&C Customer Analytics
Business as Usual Support Accountabilities
The Senior Data Management Consultant will work closely with the broader U.S. Marketing Analytics team, and other business partners to support them with curated data in their business as usual marketing processes:
- Manage business as usual data management requests from initial intake through completion
- Co-lead and actively participate in requirements meetings with business partners to determine business and data requirements
- Design, develop, and implement data structures to support campaign management, execution and measurement
- Design, develop, and implement data structures to support analytical modeling as well as other reporting and analysis
- Execute and Quality Assure existing data management processes requiring secure exchange with third party vendors and loading to U.S. Customer Analytics data mart
- Build data subject matter expertise and provide counsel to the broader customer analytics team
- Perform other ad-hoc data analysis and data-related tasks, as required
Data Analysis and User Acceptance Testing Accountabilities
The Senior Data Management Consultant will also work closely with the broader U.S. Customer Analytics team and their technology partners to support user acceptance testing of newly integrated data in their data mart.
- Lead and actively participate in user acceptance test planning
- Lead and actively participate in user acceptance test design
- Lead execution of user acceptance test cases
- Lead reporting of test cases with pass or fail and supporting details for the defect for technology partners to resolve
- Co-lead UAT status meetings with immediate manager to review defects with technology partners and project managers
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma B.S. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
- Possesses minimum of 5 years professional work experience working in data management disciplines
- Possesses knowledge of techniques associated with user acceptance testing of data structures
- Possesses knowledge of physical data modeling and how to perform testing against the business requirements provided
- Experienced in translating end user requirements to data and technical requirements
- Experienced in translating business requirements to user acceptance test cases for data structures
- Experienced in designing and developing ETL/ELT processes
- Possesses at least intermediate level of SQL skills Expert Preferred
- Experience working on multiple data platforms like Netezza, DB2, Hadoop
- Experienced navigating Unix File System
- Possesses strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possesses strong technical troubleshooting and research skills
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Experienced/familiar with marketing business and data concepts
- Experienced/familiar with retail banking or financial services
- Experienced/familiar with Datameer data preparation tool
- Experienced/familiar with Dataiku data science tool
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR200007889 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.