Senior Manager, Enterprise
Senior Manager, Enterprise PMO
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Senior Manager, Enterprise PMO to help shape this new capability within the organization and build a nimble team that improves West Monroe’s ability to plan and execute key projects within the organization. This person will hold both the leadership and management roles in the PMO. This person will be responsible for various methods and practices around capacity planning, improving the overall PPM maturity across the organization, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of various initiatives. As an arm of the overall governance function, the Senior Manager is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization’s projects, programs and structured work efforts. The Senior Manager ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management.
- Facilitates among the PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around the mission and vision of the PMO organization to foster a project-management-oriented culture and mindset
- Engages senior leadership and business partners to define the PMO mission, goals and operating model
- Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery
- Facilitates the agreed-upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership and governance
- Defines, manages and directs the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff and project managers
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Leads (where one is agreed and needed) the establishment of a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders
- Fifteen or more years of experience in business/industry
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading diverse teams
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills. (This is a highly visible position with substantial impact)
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (for example, PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and agile)
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application (which is highly desirable)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate PMO staff
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.