Vice President/Director - M&A - Global Advisory
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Overview of Role
The Chicago office focuses on Mergers & Acquisitions, along with Equity and Debt Capital Market Advisory, across a range of sectors, predominantly Industrials. The team plays a critical role in helping the firm achieve its objective to be the most successful independent advisory investment bank in the world. The team is looking for a Vice President who will be an integral member of client and deal teams on mergers and acquisitions, strategic financings, and other corporate transactions. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Work on multiple private and public transactions and with multiple project teams simultaneously on all critical aspects of transactions, ranging from client development and initial opportunity evaluation to transaction strategy and execution
- Lead teams in the preparation of financial and economic analyses and computer models required for evaluating and completing such transactions, as well as client presentations, information memoranda and offering documents
- Experienced banker and rising leader who seeks to identify new business opportunities for Rothschild & Co Global Advisory and new ideas for our clients that advance their strategic objectives
- Assist in the marketing of our services and capabilities with other members of Rothschild, both within and outside the United States
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in Finance with prior experience, preferred
- Prior experience in an advisory or investment banking role
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills to develop corporate financial models and valuations with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in order to build a strong team environment and to build effective relationships between individuals, teams and lines of business, across different geographies
- Ability to build long-term, professional relationships that add value to the client and lead to the expansion of the business
- Experience leading client presentations, managing projects and the execution of transactions
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects in an extremely fast paced environment in order to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge of the relevant financial and regulatory environments that surrounds M&A
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
*Please note you must submit your resume in order to be considered.
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.