Vice President, Advisory,Services
Vice President, Transaction Advisory Services
Our professionals balance analytical skills,deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis andpractical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. Wecreate transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do thesame. That means when you take your place on our team, youll discover asupportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. Ifyoure ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a realimpact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps TransactionAdvisory Services provides seamless analytical advisory through the dealcontinuum, from transaction origination to closing.
AtDuff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value forour clients. Join us and together well maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Within Transaction Advisory Services practice,Transaction Technology Services professionals offer technology due diligence, M&Aanalytics, data hosting and mining, dashboard reporting, and technicalexpertise to the firm.
- Work on buy /sell-side tax due diligence engagements
- Designing and implementing data architecture and datagovernance solutions.
- Ability to lead, design and guide technical directionfor data and analytics architecture and develop a roadmap to fit the overallstrategic architecture.
- Experience in design, implementation of dataarchitecture and strategies dealing with multiple data sources and formats in adistributed and clustered environment.
- Develop testing methodology and implement best practicesin training and adoption of modern analytics platform.
- Utilizing statistical tools to interpret data sets inorder to identify trends and patterns.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Contribute to the report-writing process
Preferred Accounting Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience (a minimumof 5 years of relevant experience in M&A technology due diligence, dealstructuring, and post acquisition planning)
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting, MST orJD/LLM
- Deepknowledge of business intelligence (BI) and enterprise resource systems,including data collection, analysis and presentation:
- Programminglanguages (Python, R, etc.)
- AnalyticsPlatforms (SAS, Azure, etc.)
- StatisticalPackages (SPSS, Minitab, etc.)
- DataVisualization (D3js, Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.)
- DataManagement (Hadoop, SQL, Alteryx, etc.)
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationshipsskills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Wordand Excel
- Ability to adapt to ever changing client demands
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Supervisory experience
- Analyzing cyclicality of targets business andworking capital trends
- Investigating contingent liabilities,off-balance sheet items and related party transactions
- Analyzing quality of earnings andnon-recurring items
- Reviewing target company's accounting policiesfor proper application of GAAP
- Participating in discussions held withManagement to determine data analytic needs, data requests and potentialimpacts on the buy-side/sell-side diligence process, as well as prospectiveon-going projects
Inorder to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formallyapply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs Primary Location: Work Locations:
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities inemployment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender,gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexualorientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Chicago (0407) 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 4200 Chicago, 60606 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Aug 14, 2020