Investment Service Specialist
Investment Service Specialist (New Grad) Naperville, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Naperville-IL-USA/Investment-Service-Specialist--New-Grad_R200009253/apply
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
The BMO Wealth Direct Investment Service Specialists primary responsibility is to provide our clients a superior customer service experience. Being the first point of client contact, the BMO Wealth DIrect Investment Service Specialist core mandate is to assist our clients with questions related to their accounts. Inquiries or instructions around customer service will range from assisting with password resets, qualified (registered) account opening and maintenance, provide account balances and details regarding client accounts, money movements, account transfers, provide quotes, handle fixed income and market linked certificates of deposit investment inquiries, purchases and redemptions, as well as general navigation of Wealth websites. The BMO Wealth Direct Investment Service Specialist has the ultimate goal of building and solidifying customer loyalty.
This position also plays an integral role in uncovering opportunities to refer to BMO Wealth Direct Financial Advisors and internal business partners within the bank.
- Service incoming phone calls and emails from clients in a professional manner within service level goals
- Demonstrate effective core competencies through each stage of a call by connecting with clients, asking open ended questions and listening to the needs of the client to uncover opportunities
- Execute trades on client account open request (e.g., the purchase of mutual funds or other brokerage products)
- Facilitate customer asset transfers into the bank and perform required account maintenance
- Provide general and specific information on accounts and products, transaction status, etc upon request
- Respond to web navigation queries, assist online trade execution and provide basic technical assistance as required
- Account opening and account maintenance processing including working with clients to accurately and thoroughly complete appropriate required documentation
- Uncover referral opportunities to Financial Advisors and BMO Harris Bank colleagues as opportunities arise during the customer conversation and in keeping with client segmentation strategies
- Provide customized, comprehensive service to clients in the mass market segment
- Support service requests based on investment solutions from a product set (mutual funds, fixed income, certificates of deposit, managed asset allocation program, insurance products, fixed annuities, variable annuities and life insurance)
- Possess strong knowledge and act as resource on software including Pershings NetX360 and, Envestnet, SalesForce, DST Vision, and Moneyguide-Pro
- Maintain strong knowledge of target investment product and solutions, regulatory requirements, competitive trends to provide clients with credible service
- Perform all service activities in compliance with firm and regulatory requirements and policies to mitigate risk to BMO Harris Financial Advisors
- Conduct business based on the rules and regulations of the various entities that regulate the banking and brokerage industry (e.g. NASD, SEC, Federal Reserve, Internal Audit)
- Maintain accurate client and transaction records as required by the firm, regulatory authorities and consistent with the products sold to the client
- Must have SIE Exam, or be able to complete Series 7, 66, or 63 and 65, and health and life insurance licenses required within 6 months of employment
- Bachelors degree preferred with emphasis on finance or economics
- Minimum 2 3 years successful experience with a customer service focus in the financial planning, securities, or insurance industry
- Basic knowledge of a Financial Planning process
- Solid knowledge of markets and investment products
- Strong working knowledge of financial industry.
- Experience working with managed products and/or financial Planning services.
- High level of integrity (Clean U-4).
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 6 Days AgoFull timeR200009253 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.