As a member of the Wealth Strategy Team, the Wealth Strategy Assistant performs an array of clerical and administrative duties. This role supports the Wealth Strategy Team as a whole and may focus more in one particular area, such as financial planning, wealth transfer, and/or tax and business services.
The Wealth Strategy Assistant maintains a high level of communication with members of the team, with other teams such as the Advisory Team, in addition to our clients; all while maintaining a positive and client centric approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Wealth Strategy Assistant can expect to perform the following duties:
• Exhibit polite and professional communication while promptly answering phone calls and email messages, and notifies staff members of important information
• Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
• Schedule meetings based on staff and room availability
• Prepare communications, such as memos, letters, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
• Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
• Assist with team mailings and maintain client mailing lists
• Produce and mail engagement letters, quotes, invoices, tax organizers, and other mailings for planning projects, estate administration, and/or tax services
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and informing appropriate parties to request supplies
Financial Planning Services
• Assist with assigning various planning analyses (cases) from Advisors and CSRs to the appropriate Wealth Strategy Team member, as instructed by supervisors
Tax & Business Services
• Assist with the administrative side of tax season, including pre- and post-tax season activities, such as ensuring we have the appropriate supplies on hand to scheduling tax appointments and conducting tax intake meetings, as appropriate
• Maintain tracking of client information deemed necessary by supervisor, including such items as outstanding issues, due dates, data needed, logistics of tax return delivery, complexity of returns, etc.
• Assist with data gathering and scanning of tax and accounting source documents
• Assist with final tax return product to deliver to clients, including mailing hard copies of tax returns
• Assist with tax return input, as needed
• Become proficient in payroll processing, as needed
• Support the accounting team by performing bank reconciliations and journal entries
• Perform other duties as requested
• Maintain team approach by assisting and filling in for others when necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.
The Wealth Strategy Assistant position typically requires the following qualifications:
• High School Diploma or its equivalent, some college preferred
• 1-3 years work experience in an administrative support role preferably in a financial services firm, accounting firm, or a related industry
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong organizational skills required. Candidate needs to balance the needs of different timetables.
• Excellent analytical and project management skills required
• Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Client first attitude
• Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
• Previous experience with professional tax preparation software, such as Thompson Reuters Ultra Tax, strongly preferred
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerSavant Wealth Management https://savantcapital.hirecentric.com