☰ Cloud Engineer New B19010 - Digital Technology 3 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts
The Cloud Engineer is primarily responsible for crafting complex IT infrastructure systems and technologies- with a key emphasis on deploying and supporting a hybrid cloud environment. The current strategy brings to bear both VMware and AWS. In this position, you will be a crucial role in implementing and running new applications that are deployed to our hybrid cloud by applying high-level knowledge in multiple business and technical areas. The cloud engineer leads technology evaluations and implementations of groundbreaking technology around HPC, DR, and Software Defined products and contributes to overall system architecture including platforms, detailed technical design, system integration, system performance, system security, system operations, and production migration. Through this opportunity, you will act as a consulting resource to the technical, client services and business teams. This role will concentrate on process improvements and agile principles.
Who are you?
You have extensive experience with private cloud products and a moderate level of exposure to AWS/Azure.
You are comfortable multitasking in a highly fast-paced environment. During parts of the system life cycle, flexibility for weekend and nighttime work may be required. In addition, on call tier III production support will be required as per rotation schedules. Responsibilities:
- Technical design, management, implementation, and support of IT infrastructure systems including physical server environment and highly virtualized environment.
- Contact with key users in the business units for both ad hoc and regular meetings to identify projects, issues, technology trends and budgeting. Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Define, manage and complete (as applicable) all breakthroughs related to customer driven, technology related, and/or process-focused projects.
- Participate in technology evaluation teams, standard committees, strategy committees and/or reengineering teams, R&D, strategy-definition and continuous process improvement/reengineering activities related to applicable technologies.
- Act as project lead for infrastructure across all cloud services products.
- Render hands-on support and problem resolution for second/third level issues around Cisco UCS, VMware, EMC storage products, Windows/Unix related issues, Amazon Web Services.
- Monitor department workflow, operating practices, and development standards to document, maintain, and ensure compliance with department standards and requirements.
- Continue driving cloud adoption of both private and public cloud. Establish guidelines and blueprints surrounding public cloud instances.
- Develop and determine production capacity and forecasting metrics for overall cloud environment across all virtualized stacks and orchestration/automation of cloud enablement tools.
- Promote configuration management through various toolsets and continue to expand code deployment and opportunities.
- Manage Linux/Windows roadmaps.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient knowledge of VMware for day-to-day operational management and architecting of key solutions
- Knowledge of zoning with Cisco FC Switches
- Understanding of SAN and NAS principles and key concepts
- Exposure to additional layers of software virtualization (Network, Storage, Compute, Datacenter)
- Experience with orchestration tools (VMware vRA, CA Automation Suite for Cloud) Configuration Management tools (puppet, chef, salt, cfengine), Software version control (git, svn), and security technologies and practices
- Knowledge of a scripting language (perl, python, ruby, etc) and understanding of DevOps concepts
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Red Hat Linux and MS Windows
- Moderate knowledge of storage provisioning (EMC XIO, Isilon, EMC ECS, Centera) and cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Systems integration with proprietary, customized, and purchased host, and cloud-based applications
- Displays a strong affinity for automating technical solutions and familiarity with handling Cisco UCS blade environment
At Putnam, we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We ensure that individuals with different abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job applicant process. We strive to hire, develop and retain the most hardworking individuals by valuing the multifaceted skills that they bring!
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
B19010 - Digital Technology
Post Date: Feb 25, 2020
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0