Assistant Vice President, Communications
Be part of a collaborative team that is driving high impact advertising, brand marketing, and external and internal communications programs for State Street Global Advisors - the asset management division of State Street, the third largest asset manager and creator of the world's first ETFs.
In this role, you will play an integral role in developing and executing effective communications for employees and clients. Your work will help promote an understanding of business priorities, drive employee engagement, provide timely client communications and enforce the firm's value proposition. Primary Responsibilities
- Act as executive counsel to senior leaders; provide coaching, strategic direction and planning to elevate their voice.
- Develop structured communications and campaigns ensuring effective sequencing and flow of messaging.
- Coordinate and craft effective internal and client communications related to senior leader, business function and organizational changes.
- Manage editorial direction and structure as well as managing end-to-end process for a weekly internal email newsletter distributed to all employees regarding announcements, business updates and accomplishments from all areas of the company.
- Help support the communications planning, approach and execution for employee town halls and leadership meetings.
- Write, edit, and/or administer internal communications to all employees or select business units.
- Set the editorial strategy for and collaborate with IT partners to drive improvements to the company intranet site.
- Develop new and creative ways to deliver messages through video or other communication channels.
- Write and edit client letters, Q&As, memos, talking points and presentations.
Required Skills or Certifications
- Collaborate with team members on providing reporting and metrics on overall effectiveness of communications; solicit and analyze employee feedback and then develop creative solutions for improving employee engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Communications with 5 - 10 years of experience in internal, external or executive communications.
- Excellent writer with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized with strong verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding project management skills; ability to multi-task and track a variety of deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
- Experience managing communications in a highly matrixed, globally diverse organizational structure is a plus.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
About State Street Global Advisors
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, and take initiative to improve processes or solve problems.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
For four decades, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become the world's third largest asset manager with US $3.05 trillion* under our care.
*This figure is presented as of June 30, 2020 and includes approximately $69.52 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.