Compensation Technology Business Consultant, AVP
The Compensation Technology Business Consultant will support the execution of processes and projects focused on improving the efficiency of our Global HR organization while integrating and maintaining global regulatory requirements through the use of technology. The incumbent will manage applications and data residing inside and outside our core Workday system to ensure integrity, quality and effectiveness of compensation information and processes. S/he will also provide complex analytical assessments in support of process and technology improvements.This role will also act as an internal consultant providing best practice solutions that are tailored to our unique business need. S/he will also serve as a department liaison to IT, HRIS, payroll external vendors and external consultants. Assist users with administrative tasks which require the use of sophisticated application tools or advanced computer skills and perform system maintenance functions necessary to ensure data integrity and data security. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Manage portfolio of compensation projects including pay and bonus program consulting support. Collaborate with Comp Programs and Operations to drive change management initiatives. Secondary support for Recruiting, Core HR, Position Management, Learning and Performance / Talent Management.
- Support process redesign efforts with both technically and functionally by partnering with colleagues to build business process and system connections/linkages with all HR processes including compensation, equity, payroll and performance management.
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies around compensation processes and programs
- Work collaboratively across the compensation teams to understand business strategies, compensation program design initiatives and turn them into clear business requirements.
- Conduct complex business analysis and gather functional requirements to produce documentation and information on current and future processes & systems.
- Serve on Agile team(s) to provide subject matter expertise on processes and data sources. Partner with the business to translate requirements into stories, establish priority and assist with UAT.
- Identify, design, test, implement, execute and maintain system configuration for Workday Compensation.
- Drive adoption of new technology enhancements to improve capabilities in relation to compensation functionality during each release cycle.
- Build a sustainable operational infrastructure which improves efficiencies, scalability and self-reliance across the global compensation team to improve the speed, quality and efficiency of decision making.
- Project manage small to mid-size initiatives which typically span multiple systems as part of State Street's year-end incentive compensation, base pay and sales incentive cycle planning; ensuring consistency of administration, effective communication to the organization and operational excellence.
- Lead/Project manage the annual merit compensation cycle, including in-depth involvement with Workday HCM Core Comp and Advanced Comp configuration.
- Work directly with the global Compensation Team, SMEs, Training and Internal Communication in launching the merit cycle. Support in the preparation of the Workday Annual Merit and Bonus process as it relates to population validation, eligibility, data integrity, system hierarchy, yearend approvers, and uploads as needed.
- Identify trends or root cause behaviors for issues and errors, and manage potential solutions
- Aid in troubleshooting of Tier 3 inquiries regarding compensation technology issues.
- Maintain global job architecture to ensure jobs are levelled appropriately across the organization.
- Ensure all process/system design satisfies all audit requirements and mitigates risk.
- Ability to listen, learn and creatively build solutions that are practical and effective for the organization
Education and Experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to work with large complex data sets and reports.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to work effectively with client and team members, balance multiple work streams and meet all deadlines.
- Experience with Workday Human Capital and Workday Compensation. Other enterprise HR data structures a plus but not required.
- Excellent MS Office experience with Advanced Excel (development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, lookups) expertise with a willingness to work hands on in the research and data details as well as in the analysis.
- Ability to handle sensitive HR information with high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing in order to exchange information and be able to seek out specific information from others. Job requires significant interface with members of HR.
- Proven project management and problem solving skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion.
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skill
- Collaborative work style.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, mathematics, human resources, computer information systems or related field, Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience; preferably in large global company; prior financial services experience a plus but not required.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences