Data Governance Manager
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is looking for a Data Governance Manager to join their growing data team. Looking for someone who can contribute to the development of an enterprise DQ framework as part of a comprehensive enterprise information strategy.
The ideal candidate will be someone with strong analytical skills and expertise in data quality process/tools, data quality integration and governance, best practices and data architecture. Will need to be a subject matter expert, working with business, IT and PMO teams on DQ standards and solutions derived in alignment with an overall DQ framework. Responsibilities
- Profile data and recommend cleanse rules for Critical Data Elements.
- Define rules for using data quality transformation including REST API.
- Build and demonstrate POC's using the IDQ tools.
- Analyzes and transforms business requirements into automated solutions per development standards.
- Work closely with business and analysts to understand data and business process.
- Analyze, define and implement data quality rules.
- Clearly document and communicate BRD, Functional/Technical Design and Test cases.
- Clearly and pro-actively communicate status and risks.
- Leading solution & design whiteboard sessions.
- Collaborate and partner with other business/IT functions.
- Ensures development standards are maintained and best practices in development are demonstrated through official peer review.
- Develop technical solutions which may involve a variety of data development tools.
- Researches and resolves data issues identified by business users, IT operations, or partners.
- Executes unit and system test scripts, analyzes, captures and publishes test results.
- Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies in technical work streams as well as in operational procedures of team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with at least two of the following: Data quality, metadata management, master data management, process design-7, and Data Governance.
- 2+ years of project management/coordination tracking, and organizing business documentation for projects.
- 2+ years of experience developing dashboards and metric reports using SSRS, PowerBI and Tableau.
- Experience applying data architectures and data management principles to solution building.
- Experience working with data lakes and cloud platforms.
- 5+ years of implementation experience with Informatica Data Quality.
- 5+ years with Informatica Data Quality and work-flow implementation experience.
- 5+ years of experience in PL/SQL, SQL query writing and optimization.
- 2+ years of experience in Informatica Axon and EDC.
- Querying and analyzing data from databases or text files.
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and understand technology and data as it relates to the business.
- Experience in providing accurate, timely & responsive services on complex problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the department and across business and technology functions.
- Ability to communicate technology-related information and clearly detail implementation processes.
- Strong functional knowledge with experience mastering multiple domain and inter-domain relationship.
- Background in analytics, data visualization is a plus.
- Experience with Asset Management Business.
- Extensive Data Quality architecture and hands-on experience.
- Able to adapt quickly to multiple priorities & work in a fast-paced environment.