Global Director, Distribution
☰ Director, Global Distribution Technologies New B19010 - Digital Technology 5 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts
We want you to be responsible for the relationship with Putnams Global Distribution business consisting of Retail, Institutional, and Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO). In this role, the ideal candidate will provide strategic technology direction to help lead our Global Distribution Strategy with Financial Advisors, RIAs, Consultants, and other intermediaries. He or she will also oversee Putnams technology used by all Global Distribution professionals such as: Marketing, Wholesalers, Internal Sales and executives. This role will have heavy business interaction and responsibilities such as: outlining the technology strategy, initiative prioritization, estimating systems costs and return on investment, establishing and executing project plans, budget formulation and management, vendor management, systems requirements and design, and overall delivery coordination.
Knowledge of technologies deployed in the distribution space is a key requirement. This candidate will be at the forefront of leading cloud and distribution technologies that will enable digital transformation for the Global Distribution business. They will help provide insights into appropriate architectural challenges and solutions, balance technology and business discernment, attract and retail digitally savvy talent, and engage C-Level Sales and Marketing executives across Putnam. Primary responsibilities:
- Execute on technology strategies and plans aligned with Putnams strategic objectives, while creating high satisfaction with internal customers and anticipating and mitigating business risk
- Partner with business leaders across the company to establish confidence in Digital Technology and showcase industry/technology expertise
- Bring leading edge technology to Putnam and develop/carry out technology roadmap that enables rapid innovation, stability, efficiency and reduced costs within Global Distribution
- Drive and improve technology and recognize its organization-wide impact
- Ensure all technology solutions are fully leveraged and used to their best potential, while managing and improving upon the existing software, hardware, vendors, and processes
- Provide the vision and leadership for the procurement, implementation, and support of various enterprise systems and applications that support sales teams
- Reduce waste and inefficiencies through innovation in technology
- Lead a staff of professionals and complex processes. Encourage and engage people toward a common goal and purpose
- Establish and build controls; proactively identify and handle risk
- Align the organization and allocates resources according to strategic priorities
- Establish and communicate operating policies for his/her respective business unit, supporting the companys overall strategic objectives
- Advance diversity as a business imperative
- Scope of responsibility is such that erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects, cause meaningful expenditures of time, human resources and funds, and could jeopardize future business activities.
Do you have?
- 8+ years experience in the applicable systems being supported and developed
- High level of technical expertise; drives and improves the overall quality of technology and recognizes its impact across the organization
- Working in an Investment Management environment
- Implementing major company software solutions ()
- Deep understanding of the available business units applications and/or infrastructure products with ability to translate that agenda and requirements to technologists, middle office, and back office professionals
- Proven success in driving large scale complex projects and motivating various teams of professionals
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical mindset driven by data
- Process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning new systems and tools, and a commitment to innovation
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Cross-functionality with partners of different levels
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic
- Proficiency in project management methodologies
- The ability to anticipate related projects/problems, look and plan ahead, foresee issues which loom around the next corner
- Understand how Asset Management Distribution business works
- Are comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and rapid-growth environment
- Are able to command your presence with C-Suite executives.
- Demonstrate financial discipline
- Are driven, detailed, and able to work with members of a technology team
- Operate with a great deal of autonomy and little oversight
- Are a highly creative and design-focused individual who can balance innovative, new technologies that can deliver pleasant and delightful client experiences
At Putnam, we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We ensure that individuals with different abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job applicant process. We strive to hire, develop and retain the most hardworking individuals by valuing the varied skills that they bring!
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
B19010 - Digital Technology
Post Date: Feb 11, 2020
B19010 - Digital Technology
Post Date: Jan 23, 2020
B19010 - Digital Technology
Post Date: Aug 16, 2019
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0