Oracle - PL\\SQL Developer
Oracle – PL\\SQL Developer
Location and Travel: Boston, MA *This role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
Job Description: We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting project requirements, clearly communicating these to the development team, and conducting software quality assurance. The person in this role has experience with owning an effort and driving it through to completion in an Agile environment. Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to document use cases, business processes, and functional requirements aligned with strategic client initiatives \t
- Specify market and product requirements for current and future systems \t
- Translate use cases, functional requirements, and process flows into specific, tangible, prioritized system changes and acceptance criteria for sign-off by business partners \t
- Work with business and technical teams by asking detailed, in-depth questions to gather vital information to compose requirements \t
- Identify risks/gaps in business processes and recommend effective technical solutions \t
- Manage development story priorities and ensure requirements are communicated clearly to the development team \t
- Maintain knowledge of sophisticated web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys, and market research \t
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size \t
- Present analysis and insights to partners/clients \t
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using UNIX shells scripting, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader \t
- Performed SQL, PL/SQL performance tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE and AUTOTRACE \t
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing
- 5 years in software development(Business Intelligence) and technology \t
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree a plus
Cognizant is committed to veteran and military communities. Cognizant has been often recognized as a military friendly employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our business resource group Veterans Network assists our military associates in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and dedication to perfection.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500, and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is encouraged to craft significant solutions through true teamwork.