Senior Business Systems Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will help develop systems technology projects that address the needs of business units within MFS. You will independently meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. In addition, you will develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. The Senior Business Systems Analyst collaborates with internal IT resources, business partners and external vendors to develop, test, and deploy technology solutions. You will follow the MFS system- development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
- Perform analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Work with business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Convert business requirements into functional specifications. Work closely with project team members, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals in an Agile environment to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Act as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicate any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensure proper data processing through the use of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborate with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Review test cases developed by the QA team. Work with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Work to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Create and maintains proper training materials and business documentation.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provide application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Mentor and advise less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Provide input into the strategic planning of the department's initiatives and resources.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of experience in the financial services industry supporting buy-side technology.
- Strong technical skills including a solid understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle and Agile framework.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future state business environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."