Finance Manager, SaaS Operations - Charles River - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
This is an individual contributor role managing Financial Operations for our SaaS Operations team. To be successful in this role, you need to be highly analytical with a mind towards finance, have a strong interest for public Cloud technologies, possess strong reporting skills, and work well with multiple internal and external partner teams. As a SaaS FinOps Manager, you will be helping to collect and analyze Cloud/SaaS cost data to provide the financial insights critical to optimizing our SaaS Infrastructure consumption and operating expense in Azure/Rackspace. In addition, you will • Develop cost optimization strategies, which will be documented and shared with our internal teams. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Operations Manager for SaaS Ops you will
What we value
- Prepare and deliver presentations to technical & business teams and actioned by Management.
- Configure cloud cost management tools to provide automated optimization solutions
- Be a subject matter expert on Azure cloud cost levers
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and building strategic partnerships.
- Support Saas Operations team with setting goals/KPIs, retrieving data and modeling
- Partner heavily with the Cloud Governance Manager to map data process flows, allowing FinOps to gather a single source of data source.
- Analyze and forecast public cloud consumption costs.
- Create and maintain month-end and quarter-end reports.
- Use Agile methodology for planning and execution.
- Use tools and technology to make data driven decisions.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Azure resource and cost management, billing analysis, cost optimization techniques and best practices
- Understanding of overall Cloud Cost Management and FinOps practices
- Diverse experience in Finance IT
- Passion for identifying opportunities and executing cost optimization initiatives
- Ability to develop scalable and effective strategies and metrics to maintain strong control on usage and billing of Azure services
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Power BI, Tableau ect.
- Experience in variance reporting solutions that prevent runaway cost
- Experience in enabling a successful show-back or charge-back model
- Experience in cloud capacity management and developing strategy that uses automation to maximize resource utilization and minimize cost Education (or equivalent work experience)
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics)
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Cloud/SaaS Finance Operations
- Knowledge of financial principles and business finance.
- Familiarity with cloud cost control and reporting tools/ API's such as Cloudyn, Cloudability ect,
- Azure certifications, such as AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals are desired but optional
- Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers