Team Lead, Database Operations - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development, a State Street Company, is offering the opportunity for a talented, hands-on, database administrator to lead its Database Operations team. The database team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems that support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The Team Lead will be responsible for supervising and managing team members on a daily basis and ensuring team members are performing at their best. The successful candidate will be operationally minded, be adept at managing multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Database Operations Team Lead you will:
What we value
- Provide leadership to a team of 5+ database administrators enabling them to deliver expert-level service to our large global clients and internal stakeholders.
- Define the technical standards and operational procedures to meet database performance, availability, scalability, and security requirements in both hosted and cloud environments.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to optimize database performance and reliability
- Promote and advance the use of automation to improve efficiency.
- Manage support relationships with key vendors, including cloud providers and database tool software providers.
- Maintain expert level awareness on evolving database technology, operational techniques, and best practices.
- Define milestones, assign tasks, and track the progress of multiple projects.
- Have a deep appreciation of why Security is important to our company and our customers.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Be a strong technical leader who can influence the evolving architecture and standards of our Cloud and Hosted infrastructure.
- A high degree of technical aptitude including expert-level database trouble-shooting skills, such as query design and analysis, indexing, and performance tuning.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Aptitude for mentorship and assisting team members with skills development.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
About State Street What we do.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, MIS/CIS, or closely related field of study.
- 10+ years of MS SQL Server production database administration experience, including Principal Database Administrator supporting large environments (150+ SQL instances).
- 3+ years of financial industry experience or similar field supporting highly-available database systems.
- 5+ years of expert-level performance tuning experience, using all available tools and methods to investigate and make recommendations to improve slow performing queries and procedures at the database and server level.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role with 5 or more team members.
- 1+ year experience supporting Charles River IMS products is strongly preferred.
- 1+ year of hands-on experience operating MS SQL servers and related technologies in Azure.
- Industry certifications for Azure, MS SQL Server, or related technologies strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of database encryption, high-availability, disaster recovery, database replication, and SSRS administration.
- Must be detailed oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be an aggressive self-starter.
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts desired.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers