Oracle Database Developer
Who we are looking for
Oracle developer with 6+ years of experience in VLDB database prefers DBA certified. Responsible to design, develop and implement from concept to prototype various financial algorithms using VLDB environment.
Oracle development skills in UNIX/LINUX Platform use PL/SQL programming, ETL automation experience with SHELL, AWK, SED scripting. Experience in financial model development using PLSQL, PYTHON, MATLAB Programming VLDB dataset is a plus.
Must have experience in Oracle SQL Performance Tuning and able to use Tools like OEM, TOAD, SQL DEVELOPER and analyze AWR, SQL Trace and TKPROF Reports.
Hands on experience in Oracle fine-grain control implementation. Administer user access management and manage, configure entitlements as per project demand and audit. Skills to monitor user activity identify and escalate all risk and compliance issues, access issues, questionable access and activities.
Good communication skills, able to effectively communicate with multiple technology/support/business teams, external vendor and business counterparts. Hands on experience in using automation tools like Autosys, AAI (JAWS) and knowledge in BI tools like Tableau What you will be responsible for
As Oracle Database Developer you will working part of Data Engineering team, responsible for
- Financial mathematical model development and execution of process improvements
- Preparation of internal design material and maintain all application related documents up to date.
- Identify and support strategic product enhancements and additions
- Resolve production issues of varying complexity as required
- Periodic user access management and compliance reporting and review.
- Act as a point of contact for all access/technical problems/support inquiries from business quantitative analyst.
- Vendor data analysis and technical relationship management
- Oracle database administration, system capacity planning, access management, data loading & migration and logical, physical DB design
- Oracle fine-grain control - Row/column level security including masking, encryption methods etc.
Execute on tactical and strategic projects
- Establish project approach, Take ownership of the project deliverables from initial analysis and business case through implementation
- Analyze business requirements, design, develop, automate and manage the data requirements for financial models development.
- Ensure excellent project governance including reporting, resourcing, risk and issue management and escalation as required
Manage and execute project tasks of varying complexity
What we value
- Take ownership of the initial evaluation and gap analysis activity
- Establish targeted solutions
- Execute implementation efforts on time with high accuracy.
- Create and run robust error checking mechanisms in all tasks.
- Ensure excellent communication with all stakeholders
- Manage and co-ordinate onsite and offshore team.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Oracle Development Experience with SQL performance Turing
- Oracle11G and above - Data management and Administration of VLDB system
- Oracle11G and above - Fine Grain Access Control and Access Management
- Financial model development and algorithm implementation
Why this role is important to us
- Bachler Of Computer Science
- 6+ years of Experience Database development and administration
- Prefer Oracle Developer Certified or Oracle DBA Certified
- Experience in ORABLE 11G, UNIX, LINUX, PL/SQL, SQL LOADER, ORACLE DATA PUMP, AWK, SED, PYTHON, MATLAB, TOAD, AUTOSYS, AWS, MYSQL.
Our technology function, State Street Associates is vital to State Street Global Markets and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data research and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's research Insights and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as AWS Cloud (Public/Private hybrid setup), data confidentiality, integrity, availability, process automation, data encryption and fine grain access control help to protect clients data and Compliance and risk mitigation,
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical database talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions in Data Engineering Space that help us maintain and build robust next-generation research applications and technology platform.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers