Security Operations Center Analyst/Threat Hunter
A Security Operations Center Analyst (SOC) Tier 3 (T3) who will serve in the highest tier of analyst escalation for analyzing and responding to cyber threats confronting State Street. SOC T3 staff analyzes cyber threats bridging the gap between our Managed Security Services (MSS) vendor and State Street, applying institutional knowledge and risk management principles. What will you be responsible for:
- Leading investigations and providing support to the incident response team.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Provide critical input and decision support to shape our threat detection program (e.g. new detection methods & tuning).
- Perform threat hunting using the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Author investigation and incident reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Influence enhancements to preventative and detective controls.
- Design, maintain and implement cyber threat hunt initiatives.
- Participate in incident response preparedness exercises (e.g. table tops & cyber ranges).
- Participate within cyber and financial services industry groups (FS-ISAC, FSARC, ACSC, etc.)
- Act as a backup incident response resource.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field ideally involving information analytics or cyber security.
- Minimum 5-7 years related work experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to review reports and system activity logs to identify critical events.
- Strong understanding/knowledge of:
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security
- Incident response
- Data analytics and correlation
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to present to senior management and technical staff.
- Intelligence analysis
- Project management
- Report writing
- Presentation skills