Global Production Leader
Production Leader (Global Grade 11) Walpole/en-US/professional/job/Walpole/Production-Leader--Global-Grade-11-_JR6063690/apply Job Description
As a Production Leader with Rolls-Royce, youll lead all aspects of manufacturing activity within the propeller blade machining center in Walpole, MA. This is an exciting opportunity, as you will be fully accountable for ensuring that agreed current and future customer quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness requirements are met for the designated commodity throughout the product life cycle. This role will lead, inspire and coach a team within a defined manufacturing cell. You will also be accountable for ensuring that customer commitments are met in full, measured against agreed HSE, quality, cost, delivery, people and responsiveness standards.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power. We are the second largest global provider of defense aero-engine products and services with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers located in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- HSE - Drive towards a performance and culture of Zero Harm. Ensuring our teams are trained and compliant to safety standards, driving environmental targets and promoting wellbeing.
- PRODUCT SAFETY - Accountable for ensuring that all work is carried out in compliance with the required standard to ensure conformance to the engineering specification, and for promoting a product safety culture in the organisation.
- QUALITY - Drive to Zero Defects. Work with all functions to reduce risks and drive product and service right first time. Ensure compliance to all relevant company legislative and technical policies and standards.
- COST - Develop and manage agreed people budget (headcount, productivity, absenteeism). Understand and manage the cell cost centre budget and work with the team to drive productivity and reduce consumable cost.
- DELIVERY - Deliver our products and services to customer commitments on time. Plan using load and capacity tools and manage bottlenecks and constraints to achieve flow through the cell. Understand WIP and inventory levels and drive to meet business targets.
- PEOPLE - Optimise the capability and capacity of the cell by developing a flexible team. Develop and motivate team members ensuring they are trained, capable and effective.
- LEAN - Ensure that all relevant Production System minimum standards are fully deployed and sustained within the business in support of performance objectives and coaching the team to fully participate in continuous improvement.
- LEAD - Inspire the manufacturing team to consistently deliver high levels of performance through facilitation, coaching and the demonstration of lean leadership behaviours. Motivate, delegate and empower team members to act and make their own decisions.
- ASSETS - Optimise the performance of manufacturing assets in order to maximise facility productivity and meet current and future customer demand. Understand current constraints and develop a future state.
- DIGITAL MANUFACTURING - Understand the IT systems we use to drive our management and leadership activity. Be competent in the use of the tools to manage cell and people performance. Communicate to the team using digital tools, and be able to communicate digital strategy and use of innovative technology.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Associates degree in Engineering or Manufacturing with 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or;
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Manufacturing with 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or;
- Masters degree in Engineering or Manufacturing with 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or;
- In lieu of a degree, 9+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance at the Confidential level
- Six Sigma certification
- Prior experience supervising or managing machine shop with CNC equipment.
- ERP/SAP knowledge
We are an equal opportunities employer. Were committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful well be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: 3rd September 2020 Job Category
Manufacturing Posting Date
27 Aug 2020; 00:08Posted YesterdayFull timeJR6063690
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planets vital power needs.