Senior C++/C# Software Engineer – Structured Finance Solutions ?
Job Description As a Senior Software Engineer you will work alongside talented team members and key business stakeholders to develop and enhance complex analytical software applications for analyzing structured fixed income securities. The primary programming language is C++ but a knowledge of C# is also beneficial.
To be successful, it requires the ability understand and implement user requirements in multiple areas including UI, calculation, and database layers. Our team utilizes Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycles and has a high degree of collaboration with our key business stakeholders. We are looking for a great team player who is comfortable working with team members at different locations in multiple time zones for project deliverables. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and program complex features for our core analytics and cashflow engines.
- Interpret business requirements in collaboration with Business Analyst team.
- Provide input into technical design at the story and/or module level.
- Perform bug-fixes/enhancements to existing products.
- Investigate and find root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Act as mentor and review code of more junior team members.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field.
- 5+ years' experience working as a C++ programmer.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Familiarity with C#, Java and SQL a plus.
- Solid understanding of OOP, data structure and algorithms, numerical analysis, and XML.
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior developers.
- Knowledge of fixed income finance is a plus
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.