Regional Operations/SME Principal
Independently provides value and insights to clients to identify meaningful market trends and answer business critical questions using a wide variety of IHSM business solutions with a focus on Catalyst for Insight. Responsible for being a strategic liaison between client and Company. Proactively interfaces directly with client teams stemming from special projects, ad hoc requests or proactive analysis derived from a wide variety of IHSM solutions with a focus on Catalyst for Insight. Primary Responsibilities
- Serves as primary onsite point-person to promote and support Catalyst for Insight and other applications. This will be done through analysis, reporting and ad-hoc investigations for specific client objectives as well as proactive analysis and insights.
- Understand customer questions and needs in order to offer answers/insight using Catalyst for Insight and other available information/systems.
- Present meaningful summaries and business implications to various customer teams based on IHSM and client information. Presentations may be in a one-to-one fashion or via formal presentations in front of small or large client groups. Presentation audiences can vary from analyst to Executive Level Management.
- Directly assists in implementing analytical/research studies by working with other IHSM members, including those from appropriate account teams, production, development, etc.
- Communicates customer needs/specifications, output and timing to project teams and other internal resources as needed.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of internal colleagues from multiple IHSM teams such as Loyalty, Product, Sales, Data Compilation, Production and others.
- Provides Catalyst for Insight client training as needed.
- Increase client usage of IHSM data sets as licensed by assigned client(s).
- Elevate and increase overall IHSM value with/to assigned client(s).
- Conveys Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback to IHSM account team(s) and others such as Product Management as needed.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company's products and other applications both licensed and non-licensed by the assigned client(s).
- Performs other duties as requested by management or in collaboration with client account teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration, Math, Economics, or Marketing with at least six (6) years automotive industry analysis experience in a marketing, sales, analytic or consulting role, or equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to adapt to different audiences.
- Must be able to translate and write customer or study design needs into technical requirements and specifications.
- Solid writing and presentation abilities required.
- Requires the ability to analyze opportunities and their impact.
- Excellent assessment/probing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental knowledge of database design issues and concepts related to queries driven from compiled files and multiple data sources.
- Normal office environment-working on client site up to 80% of the time based on specific client and current business environment or regulations/recommendations.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.