Citrix Operations Engineer
Support the hardware/software/network technologies environment by proactively monitoring and quickly responding to hardware/software/network incidents for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise. Frequently collaborate with vendor/contractor partners to develop and implement detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions to resolve issues/incidents while remaining focused on security, up-time and performance. Provide troubleshooting and resolution to routine/semi-complex problems. Responsibilities
- Perform moderately difficult, and independent assignments in the troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, problem resolution and ongoing production support for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise. Design, review, approve and deploy robust, stable and manageable solutions while minimizing hardware/software/network downtime. Periodically assist in the procurement, configuration, and integration of new technologies.
- Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met and or exceeded. Proactively monitor the stability and performance of various technologies within area of expertise and takes appropriate corrective action prior to an incident or problem occurring. Ensure patching and regular maintenance is performed as required. Actively collaborate with fellow members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in an expeditious manner.
- Recommend, deploy and document strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively meet the needs of the business.
- Manage effective relationships and works in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions ensuring that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members as appropriate.
- Participate and provide input in the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Validate and adhere to defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with IT Information Library (ITIL) principles and technology Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods.
- Create, maintain and update documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of Industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 5-7 years proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
- Operational\engineering experience in Windows Server, VMWare, Hyper-V, Cisco (LAN/WAN), Storage Area Network (SAN/NAS), Clustering, Disaster Recovery, Application Recovery, database administration (SQL), Cloud Computing concepts, Web\Database Farm concepts, database applications, Voice Communications.
- Experience with Azure (WVD), Citrix Cloud, Citrix Virtual apps and Desktops, Citrix Netscaler, powershell, fslogix