In this role, you will become part of the Retirement and Protections Solutions unit within the General Counsel's Office of Ameriprise. This role will provide legal guidance and support to the life insurance arm of Ameriprise, RiverSource Life Insurance. Responsibilities
- Provide legal guidance and support to New Business, Underwriting and Reinsurance business partners.
- Provide legal guidance and support on Board Governance matters, including the preparation and filing of Holding Company Reports with regulators.
- Provide legal guidance and support on issues affecting the administration of in-force life insurance and annuities.
- Assist Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in responding to market conduct exams and other regulatory inquiries pertaining to the life insurance and annuities.
- Provide guidance on legislative and regulatory matters impacting the insurance company.
- Providing guidance and support on life insurance marketing material and sales illustrations for compliance with applicable regulations and industry guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications About Our Company
- JD required
- Admissions to a state bar
- 3+ years of insurance industry or insurance regulatory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize complex legal matters concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and executive presence and the ability to liaison effectively with business partners.
- A well-balance consultative approach and the ability to work with business and legal partners across all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent judgment and ability to make independent decisions.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.