Strategic Partnership Development Manager
What is the opportunity?
Join RBC, one of Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's Top Places to Work! As a Strategic Partnership Development Manager you will help drive the adoption of RBC Global Asset Management (GAM) solutions by acting as an expert regarding how GAM products are managed and how GAM resources are integrated at RBC US Wealth Management (WM-US). We need your to help lead the development and execution of GAM's strategy to build relationships and drive awareness of GAM investment capabilities with advisors. You achieve sales results by developing a credible and reliable service model that earns GAM the right to present actionable investment ideas and other relevant content. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Deliver immediate, comprehensive support to WM-US financial advisors and "home office" professionals; anticipate and respond to questions related to investment performance, fees, portfolio positioning, etc.
- Contribute to meeting follow-up via phone and email including investment due diligence, marketing material, etc.
- Assist in meeting preparations such as audience background information, logistics, and materials; collaborate with colleagues from institutional portfolio management and sales teams as required
- Develop and maintain expertise on GAM solutions and their competitors to serve as a subject matter expert in interactions with WM-US; maintain high degree of familiarity with details outlined in newly published marketing materials, strategy conference calls, and investment management industry publications.
- Identify opportunities to advance the sales process with existing relationships and new prospects; engage in discovery and service discussions regarding the investment vehicles financial advisors use, how they construct portfolios, and how they select investments.
- Proactively contact WM-US financial advisors to learn about their practices and how GAM can provide relevant solutions to address their challenges; may include creation and delivery of presentations, proposals, investment illustrations, and portfolio reviews
- Generate and execute on ideas for WM-US financial advisor education campaigns related to capital markets developments, industry shifts, and competitor changes. For example, competitor funds could close to new investors so GAM solutions might prove relevant for financial advisors' new clients.
- Record activity, engagement, and adoption metrics at WM-US to complement sales data in the communication of outreach efforts. Update and analyze sales information to segment WM-US financial advisors; refine marketing distribution and target event invitations (via CRM system), acknowledge/service WM-US investments in GAM solutions.
- Conduct timely market research and competitive analysis to generate business development ideas and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required with 7-10 years of progressive investment management industry experience
- 5+ years of business development experience in capital markets, investment management, and/or wealth management industry
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and familiarity with Bloomberg, eVestment, FactSet, and Morningstar Direct
- Notable time management skills juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Clear ability to connect with people quickly and build long-lasting relationships
- Vigilant attention to detail and superior organizational skills with strong analytical skills and the ability to develop and support recommendations
What's in it for you?
- CFA charter and/or other professional designations
- Experience with CRM systems preferably Salesforce
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or ability to obtain within six months)
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
WMUS2019 Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .