Job Description Moody's IT Risk department is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join its growing organization. This is a challenging position requiring knowledge in security for cloud environments and the ability to develop for that environment. The candidate should be motivated and willing to take on challenges, able to multi-task to succeed and have the ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
The Cybersecurity team is globally responsible for helping the organization balance risk by aligning policies and procedures with Moody's business and regulatory requirements. The team is responsible for the development, enforcement and monitoring of security controls, policies and procedures, disaster recovery programs, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) reporting and the delivery of security services including the company's Cyber Security program. Functional Responsibilities
- Act as the Cybersecurity Engineer for Moody's technology infrastructure teams and outsourcing providers.
- Develop Cybersecurity Engineering blueprints and solutions to enable business demand.
- The Cybersecurity Engineer will perform the hands on execution of work to enable the various products and service.
- The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for all AWS / Azure Role policy reviews.
- The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for evaluating AWS / Azure services to determine security impacts.
- The Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for implementing security controls related to the cloud.
- The Cybersecurity Engineer will enhance automation capability across Moody's Cybersecurity portfolio by developing scripts to automate manual activity. .
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Recommended 3-5 years of experience in IT industry, preferably in a financial services or consulting organization
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent
- CISSP, SANS or equivalent certifications recommended
- Knowledge and experience using of one or more scripting languages including ; python, terraform, ruby, ansible, php, AWS lambda, powershell
- Capability to troubleshoot effectively at all OSI layers.
- Familiar with various databases and SQL.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies, tools, internal/external systems and design frameworks. Strong and broad technology background.
- Ability to think with a security mindset. The successful candidate has a strong IT background with in depth knowledge of one or more key security practice area: access control; application security; network security; security architecture; security strategy
- Strong knowledge of engineering design principles, development and secure coding practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
- Strong presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences.
- Proven ability to work within a large enterprise that spans multiple continents, is governed by change management and has a tiered support model.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.