Manager, CDO Data Governance
Requisition #: 48731
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Charlotte, NC
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Advisory Data Organization.
- Define Advisory data privacy and data usage guidelines leveraging the federated data governance operating model
- Facilitate working groups to align guidelines for global regulations and professional standards
- Align standards and guidelines to firm wide data governance policy statements and direction
- Define data privacy standards, control processes and compliance metrics as well as implement data privacy and usage risk and control frameworks
- Collaborate with the technology organization, and engage software vendors to define and deploy privacy compliance solutions
- Engage subject matter professionals from various areas of the firm, including legal and risk management organizations to enable a fit for purpose model
- Minimum of five years of experience in the practice of enterprise wide data management specifically focused in data governance including data policy and standards development, administration and compliance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience in governing data subject to privacy and usage regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) is desired
- Previous knowledge in executing data governance capabilities utilizing a formal operating model that included managing data governance working groups and committees
- Experience in project management, stakeholder and team communication, budgeting and program measurement and reporting
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present data governance policies and standards to audiences of data owners and stakeholder, and to represent the data governance value proposition and to encourage alignment with new data governance policies and standards.
- Ability to travel to 30 %
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.