Senior Experience Designer
Job Description The Senior Experience Designer is a talented practitioner responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional interaction and visual designs. This individual employs a user- centered design methodology to create exceptional experiences for our customers. The Senior Experience Designer works closely with experience design team members, product owners, strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into designs that enhance the overall end-user experience.
The Senior User Experience Designer works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on experience design activities throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently.
This individual contributes to the design of the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms.
- Delivers the experience design of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Works directly with developers to turn wireframes and other visualizations into production ready prototypes based on our established components and patterns in our design language
- Will direct and mentor other junior members of the experience design team
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to standards
- Facilitates feedback reviews of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- May run workshops and design studios with stakeholders and customers
- Directly contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviours across multiple products
- Helps to define and champion the user-centered design methodology within the organization
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or similar required
- 7+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer for web and mobile user interfaces
- Skilled practitioner with expertise in the design, production and presentation of user interface designs that support the needs of the customer
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- Demonstrated experience with user- centered design patterns and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with Agile software methodologies. Formal training in one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, kanban, etc.) or toolsets (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Axure, Adobe CS or similar
- Ability to travel occasionally for workshops and meetings
- Experience in Insurance, FinTech or Financial Services.
- Awesome personality with a good sense of humor
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.