Senior Software Engineer
Job Description A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing feature development of web applications based on service-oriented architecture, involving UI, Services and databases
- Work with the development team leads (Lead Software Engineers) on the technical and architectural direction of projects.
- Research, analyze, design, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for business and application development strategies.
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements.
- Design and develop new projects and enhancements based on evolving business needs.
- Interact with internal users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Plus development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications
- 8+ years of software development experience in a highly regulated environment, such as financial services
- Proficient in C#.Net
- Proficient with AngularJS (Angular, React, Vue, NPM, Bower, etc.)
- Knowledge of build/dependency management tools such as Maven, SCM (Subversion, Bit Bucket)
- Experience in application containerization, familiar with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Platform9, ECS, EKS, Openshift, Cloud Foundry
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Familiar with Application Frameworks & Engines
- Knowledge of databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience, Master's degree is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.